Chapter 7- Bait

I woke up to the odd smell of perfume, I opened my eyes sniffing in the air as I slightly looked around there Emily stood in front of my mirror now straightening her hair. But she wasn't in the clothes I gave her she was in jeans and her own shirt.

"Where are you going?" I said sitting up my side still bad but in better condition the painkillers did wonders for me. Emily turned to me as I stood up off the floor feeling my arm,
"Out .."

"Where'd you get those??"
"My house.."

"You mean you snuck out and went back?!" I said turning her around Emily looked at me "Jio I can handle myself besides I dare these fuckers to come at me.."

"Are you heading to school today?.."
"No... I told my mom already.." she said tucking her phone in her back pocket.
"I think you should stay.. We don't know what they're capable of.. until we catch them."

"You don't need to worry about me Ok? I'm gonna be fine.."

"Are you cause to me it seems your going to try to find these two.. maybe kill them.."

"Yes!.. correct right on the nose Jio congrats you want a cookie?! I'm going to kill them and get rid of the problem my way."

"That's not how it's gonna work they're not bad people .. ok?... I don't want you going out looking for these guys.."

"So then what do I do... cause I'm damn sure not gonna sit around here waiting.." she folded her arms I looked down "I need you to find a quiet place we can catch them.."

"And what happens when They come.. and they're not what you expected .."

"Then We'll deal with them our way...that's a promise.." we both looked at each other she gave a soft nod soon banging on the door would be heard "Hey, Jio get up school." Panicking I grabbed Emily throwing her into my closet and shutting the door running over opening my main door to Jason.

"Hey kid what did we discuss about locked doors when your grounded?.."

"Sorry.. I just forgot."

"Don't forget anymore, Looks like today's your final grounding day you ready to be released?"

"Oh you know I am Jesus..best believe I learned my lesson...never doing that again.."

"Good it's pretty easy you know just follow the rules next time, once todays over you'll be back to your freedom." Jason laughed handing me my phone I chuckled back taking it as he walked away. I ran over to the closet opening it to Emily smacking the back of my head,
"Yo chill!!" I slowly rubbed my head as she stood there "Next time just say HIDE!" she growled. I got dressed and walked to school seeing Detective Owens for the first time in a while.
"Hey Detective.." I said smiling He turned a coffee in his hand his face now has stubble slowly forming a light shade of black or grayish type beard he smiles widely "Hey kid.. how's everything going??"

"Pretty good .. how's maple been treating you?"

"As you can see running on 4 hours of sleep.." he lifted his coffee cup taking a sip I chuckled "That bad huh?"

"Well could be worst... thanks to our new guardian angels protecting us." He looked up at the morning sky I shrugged "Meh.. they ain't all that good I still think hero's aren't better then maples own boys and blue." I chuckled he smiled "That's one voter on our side huh .. alright get to school I don't want you late."

"By Mr. Owens ." I waved and continued heading to school which pretty much sped by lunch time I met up with Kat I grabbed my trey and we sat down at the usual table.

"Baiting is dangerous Jio not only are you putting Emily on the line your also putting yourself in a bad predicament."

"But why.. what can go wrong."