Chapter 11- Reborn

(It's been a while I know lmao don't worry I'll catch up)

Now that Mel was in the hospital with Kat and Lyla also in the wind I was on my own, I tried restating sleeping it off but I woke up from the haunting scream of voices Mel over and over again. The same recurring dream over and over again. Nothing changed the same as always I laid on the streets as I watched him the only thing was I could feel everything, I looked around my room the early sunlight brightening making everything seem more...lively. At least I made it til morning this time I thought, I checked my phone no messages from Kat nor anyone else I sighed "she's still mad ..." I checked Kats chatbox she didn't even read it. I heard knocking at the door as I got up rushing to it expecting it to be Kat. "Hey yo-"  I stared the girl up and down my worried look now into a confused state. If she was trynna sell girl Scott cookies she was really bad at it, she finally spoke: "you're Jovonni?"

"Uh..yeah.." I said

"I'm Annabel ...Kain, he needs your help...he's not himself anymore ...I was hoping you can talk to him." She said

"Um...where is he?"

"I don't reall-" she stopped as my phone went off I softly placed my finger up gesturing to wait a minute. I pulled out my phone and was shocked it was an email!? I scanned through the Email letter thanking me for renting and I would receive my lease this coming weekend.
"LEASE!?! RENTING!?! ME!?!" I shouted gripping my phone as a picture and address of my new warehouse sat on my screen. I began foaming as my face turned red "I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A DOG!" If this was Kats's way of getting payback she was gonna hear it but then I looked at the fine print two signatures one with my signature and one with Kains.
I don't care how sad he was I'm gonna rip that damn sword from his hands and stick it right up his ass! I turned to Annabel "I think I know where he is..." I twitched grabbing my hoodie and stomping out Annabel following behind me. Finally, I arrived at the warehouse Annabel opened the door, to our surprise, it was unlocked but once swung open a horrifying scent hit us both.
"Jesus..." I said shielding my nose with my forearm. I walked in the place alone was dark and sketchy I slowly made my way further down a corner and into what appeared to be a living room almost. There sitting on the couch was Kain with cartons of empty ice cream scattered on the floor and couch he looked like an Alcoholic his shirt covered in stains and the room was musty. Kain first at sleep opened his eyes scanning the room as if he awoke from a coma, I spoke: "hey bud where's your mom bud.."

"What she's at home.." he looked around stretching I looked around again then looking back at kain, "how you been man... you look like a hundred bucks bud ..." I said enthusiastically as kain ignored me stretching and yawning once more the room filled with awkward silence as I continued trying to talk to kain "so um..how you doing?..been uh doing any hero stuff lately?.." I leaned against the wall as Annabel flipped on the lights, for a moment he flinched as if it blinded him I continued watching him as he finally let out "I told you ...I'm retired.." the room got really quiet again as kain slowly smacked his lips together making the tension even more awkward. God don't smack your lips you weirdo I thought to myself kain continued looking at the tv as it just ran static over and over again.

"Soo... whatcha watching bud? Is this the new game of thrones Episode? I uh don't remember this one.." I let out looking at the tv nothing silence after so quiet you could hear a penny drop from outside. I looked down tapping my foot as time flew by I glanced up and Annabel glared at me gesturing to talk to him. I shrugged not truly knowing what to do as she gave me -The Look- and I knew it wasn't a threat it was a promise, I've been around Emily long enough to know what that face meant so out of frustration I rolled my eyes and sighed mumbling "fuck it." I walked over to the tv turning it off kains gaze snapped away from the Tv onto me as his face looked annoyed "The fuck man.." kain let out