Chapter 24- Inner Demons

"So he's dead..." Kat had replied

"Technically yes..there was nothing in that grave.."

"This seems impossible.." Kat pulled out her laptop I continued picking at my lunch, Emily walked to the table "Geometry is officially my worst subject."

"What's up with that?"

"I'm failing with a 50." She rolled her eyes

"You know Kat rigs my grades you're more than welcome to have Kat do that to you too."

"No, I actually like earning what I get." Emily places her Trey down eating her pizza, Kat slid the laptop over to me "The car was found flipped over with the bodies of both Cletus and Rose in it..weirdest thing the forensics team found that was Roses body was found in the back of the trunk..and Clarence had a punctured wound in his neck area but all three bodies were nearly identifiable do to the explosion.." Kat looked at me "if he were alive today..."

"The kid would of been 15...our age.." all of us silent for a moment as we couldn't belive any of it I stood up "the timeline all makes sense you guys get that right??"

"The accident ...wasn't an accident he must have killed his dad...maybe his mother.."

"This is all bat shit and that's coming from the daughter of a homicidal power-hungry dragon overlord ..." Emily let out I gave a nod

"There's more on your plate Jio actually." Kat let out a little bit in distress I rubbed my eyes exhaustedly "What could possibly be worst than a psychopathic criminal on the lose Kat.."

"Multiple psychopathic criminals on the loose.." She said her face purely serious as she turned the laptop back to me, my eyes widened my stomach sank as I scanned the screen there in bold lettering
- Maples Penatentry attacked leading to the escape of  12 convicts or more.-

"What are you for real? How!?" I questioned

"The article states that around 11 pm the alarms went off but Jio...they put out a list of missing inmates .." hesitant at first she stopped I looked at her my face more worried now as I looked at her refusing to break contact "Kat...who's on the list..."

"Ben Erin Marco..." Kat looked at the screen then back at me I took a deep breath my body sending chills throughout my spine I stood up
"He's out there?"

"Yes.."

"And what the hell is The MPD doing about this?"

"Jio please just calm down."

"Kat you honestly look at me and think about everything we did to this guy...you tell me after what he did...you tell me that we should be calm!.." I began panting it was like I couldn't get a break Nexhin now Ben Marco back out on the streets. What the hell was going on with maple "listen I will do everything in my power to pick up a trace on Marco and the others you hear me?" Kat tried reassuring me I shook my head "I need a new suit.."

"I've been installing the last upgrades since last night .."

"How're the wounds?"

"They'll be fine.. fight ready .."

"Anything on Owens?"

"Yeah, he'll make a smooth recovery ..." I spoke pushing my trey aside "you've been through some shit Jio... once nexhin and Marco are done with I think you should take a break.." Emily spoke

"The worlds not taking a break neither should I ..."

"I get that but not for nothing genius your super buddies seem like they got it covered..."