Chapter 9 - Something to Fear

Next day I sat down at lunch with Kat and Emily both talking to each other Kat continued playing on her phone. "So Red X is just out there now huh?"

"Yeah ... I guess so.." I continued playing with my pudding. Mel walked over to the table placing a can of soda down and sitting across from me. I smirked "Oh so you showed up today." I looked at him. Emily turned "what's up."

"Don't get your hopes up." Mel uttered looking over at Kat who was still playing that damn game she stayed on 24/7 "sup short stack" mel cracked open the can of soda taking a sip.
"OH NO THE HOG RIDERS!!- wait what??" Kat turned to mel squinting at him for the comment. "I was thinking about your offer.." Mel explained taking Kats phone beginning to play the game. "Yeah?" I replied he continued playing "I'll join your little hero group or whatever this is.." Mel finishing up slid Kat back her phone "anyways, but Dark is mine." Mel spoke firmly and clear his face serious.

"That's fine I don't care who's who, I just think people like us should stick together. Better in numbers right?" I said shrugging.

"So he has Bloodlust, but not long until he gets greedy for more soon it might be maple next. That's how he is.." Emily chimed in looking at Mel. "Numbers won't matter... it's about how hard you fight." He looked over at Emily "My father and uncle are the last resistance in Bloodlust. They're trying to slow down his plans by destroying him slowly from within..However .. they won't be able to stop him for long." Mel looked around getting up and walking over to another table grabbing a pencil and paper walking back. "That's why we make a plan.." mel continued

"What's the plan?" I said

Mel looked around again but now facing Kat taking off her glasses "Excuse me shorty." Using the bridges of them to make straight lines like a ruler. "We lure him out.." mel continued explaining. I paused puzzled as I questioned him "How do we trap him? Better yet how do we get him into Maple?" I looked over at Mel who smirked looking over at Emily. "I know a way.." We all paused lookin at Emily as she sighed looking at us annoyed. I looked over at mel "Bait..even then are you sure that darks not just gonna send his fuckboy friends after her instead?"

"I'm not sure but I know if I was a father I'd trust her life in my hands and not my troops." Mel explained. "That's true if you all catch him off guard then boom.." Kat chimed in putting her phone down.
"Sounds easy but it isn't short stack." He continued chugging his soda.

"Listen my father is to good to know better than going in without expecting a fight, dont you guys think this is to dangerous to handle with only three of us?" Emily let out looking at Mel and I.

"It's Extremely dangerous probably the most dangerous thing I ever thought of..But, This could be our only shot .. Just him ..No men, No army..if I bring Lyla that will help our chances even more.." Mel explained Emily jerked up looking at mel slamming her hand down on the desk "Not On my Uncles grave I'm not doing that!" She shouted out at us.

"Em I've seen her fight...she's good, if what you're saying is true about your dad we're gonna need all hands on deck." I looked at her she calmed a bit now scoffing "oh great .. so now she can tie up loose ends... Can you at least make her promise a Truce last thing I need is a side battle." She said glaring at mel who gave a nod.
"I'll talk to her...me and her are close..real close besides that, Incase we fail you all are gonna get out of there. I have some smoke bombs you guys take them and dip and I'll handle him.." mel said I shook my head no rebelling against his comment as I spoke "I'm not dipping I'm staying and fighting as much as possible you can give them that shit they can get out safely. This dudes just as guilty as Code was...we'll take him." I looked over at Emily her face looking away from me as I face mel sighing.

"I didn't say this was up for debate Jio.. this man is something else."

"I've made it this far right?...I've beat dragon members "better" than me dumb luck is sadly my thing ..if this is the last fight then so be it.." I gave a nod.