Chapter 7: Missions

~Vega's PoV~

"Sasuke here at point B!"

"Sakura here at point C!"

"Naruto here. I'm at point A!"

"Vega and Rigel at point D!"

"Aye!"

"The target has moved, follow it!" Kakashi said trough headphones.

"Alright, it's over there!" Naruto said.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi questioned.

"Five meters! I can go at anytime!" Naruto replied.

"I'm ready too!" Sasuke said.

"Me too...!" Sakura said.

"I can go too!" I replied trough the headphones.

"Okay, do it!" Kakashi ordered us.

We moved and Naruto got the cat and while he was scratching him in the face Kakashi asked us if he had the ribbon on his right ear. I replied that it was with no mistake the cat we were searching for.

"Alright, the mission to capture the lost pet 'Tora' is complete!" Kakashi said.

"Isn't there a mission with a greater sense of urgency?!" Naruto yelled in the microphone causing me to cover my ears in pain.

Of course, I am a dragon slayer and I have keen senses.

~Time skip~

"Ohhh! My cute Tora! I was so worried!" The lady said squishing her cat.

"Ahaha, serves him right, that stupid cat!" Naruto said to the squished cat, I felt sorry for him though.

"Now then, the next mission for Kakashi's seventh squad is... an errand to the neighbouring town... to baby-sit the chief Councilor's boy... helping with digging the potatoes-" the hokage said being stopped by Naruto.

"Noooo! No! No, thank you! I want to do a more exiting mission!" Naruto yelled in disappointment, making a cross with his arms.

At his words me and Sasuke agreed, but stayed silent.

"You fool! You're still bottom rookie! At the start, everyone moves up the ladder by gaining experience from simple missions!" Iruka yelled back at Naruto.

"Datte, datte! It's been nothing but blah missions so far!" Naruto shouted only to be punched on his head by Kakashi.

"Knock it off" Kakashi said punching Naruto on his head.

Naruto fell with his face on the floor. I felt sorry for him.

"Naruto, it's necessary to explain to you what a mission is..." the hokage said.

So he started to explain that missions can go from babysitting to assassination, that they are separated into A, B, C, and D ranks in order of difficulty, ninja ranks below hokage, how missions are subdivided for rank and since us being just became genin the missions that suits more for us are D ranked missions but of course Naruto wasn't listening.

He was talking about food, while Sasuke and Sakura were listening to him. When the hokage noticed that he scolded them to listen and Kakashi was sorry for their attitude. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at them.

"Maaaan! You always lecture me, old man! But I'm not that little prankster that you think I am!" Naruto said turning around. He was sit.

Kakashi rubbed the back of his head thinking of something. Iruka and the hokage chuckled at Naruto.