Chapter 27: Fateful encounter

~Vega's PoV~

Kakashi invited me to eat dango, so we were standing near the dango shop. That's when Kurenai and Asuma showed up.

"Yo, you two! You seem to be getting along well" Kakashi said.

Kurenai blushed and looked away.

"Fool, Anko asked me to buy dango. That's all"

Yeah, sure

"What are you doing here?" Asuma asked.

"While I'm here to buy offerings, I've made plans to meet here... with Sasuke" Kakashi replied.

One of the two men with black cloack with red clouds put down his tea as he heard the name.

"Huh, it's rare that you wait for people. Is the offering to Obito?" Asuma asked again.

"Well... that's about right"

"Kakashi, Vega, it's strange for you to be here first" Sasuke said as he stepped closer.

I then noticed that the two cloaked men were gone, leaving their dango and still smoking tea on their table.

Then Kurenai and Asuma left abruptly, probably following the two cloaked men.

Soon, Kakashi left us with an excuse but I decided to follow him.

"Sorry Sasuke, I will follow him, if for you is okay of course"

"Yeah, I don't mind" he said.

So I started jumping from roof to roof and find Kakashi with my sense of smell until I sensed five chakra presences that apparently were fighting.

"Get down, Kurenai!" Kakashi grabbed Kurenai and pushed themselves away from the exploding shadow clone that created a huge wave of water.

I quickly stood in front of them concentrating chakra on my feet to stand on the water and started weaving handsigns, creating a wind barrier that protected us from the water that clashed against the strong wind.

"A-are you okay guys?" I said hardly, since the pressure of the water.

"Vega? What are you doing here?" Kakashi asked.

"I came to give out some help" I smiled, looking at him.

Then my glance turned to the cloaked man in front of us. He had raven hair and red eyes with three tomoes in it.

Is he... Itachi Uchiha...?

Kakashi's look turned to the presumably older brother of my teammate, Sasuke. "Don't lower your guard... he's the guy who became a division chief of Anbu Black Ops at 13 years old..."

"To think he's this powerful..." Asuma stated.

"No, you haven't seen this guy's strength yet" Kakashi affirmed.

"I didn't expect that you, who are not a member of the Uchiha clan would have mastered the sharingan to that extent... but your body isn't the 'Uchiha clan' body that goes with the eye" he closed his eyes. "There's a reason why the Uchiha clan was deemed the strongest and feared... I'll demonstrate the true strength of the sharingan, the kekkei genkai!"

Itachi opened his eyes and Kakashi worried, said "don't look at his eyes!" We all closed our eyes, besides the sharingan eye of Kakashi "all of you, absolutely do not open your eyes... it's all over now if your eyes meet. Only people with sharingan can have a go with that technique"

"Indeed with sharingan, you can resist this mangekyo sharingan to a certain extent. However... this special visual jutsu of sharingan, Tsukuyomi, nightmare realm, is unbreakable. The only person who can bring me down is someone using the same kekkei genkai, a sharingan user..." Itachi explained.

I sensed that my sensei collapsed on his knees on the water.

"Kakashi!"

"What happened, Kakashi?! Are you saying we should keep our eyes closed still?!" Kurenai asked.

"N-not... yet..."

"Whoa... to take that jutsu without causing his spirit to collapse. But Itachi... it's also dangerous for you to overuse those eyes" the other man, probably Itachi's teammate said.

"The thing you're looking for... is it Sasuke?" Kakashi asked, panting.

"No..." I sighed in relief since they aren't after Sasuke. "The legacy of the Fourth hokage..." Itachi replied.

I heard Kurenai and Asuma loudly gasping, they probably knew what or who the legacy of the Fourth hokage was.

"The nine tailed fox inside Naruto is your target?" I gasped at Kakashi's words. "I know that you two aren't the only ones on the move... the name of your organization is Akatsuki, right?"

"Kisame! We'll take Kakashi. Erase the other two but leave the girl alone"

I sensed that Kisame dashed towards us but I heard he was hit.

"Severe leaf hurricane!"

I could tell by his voice... Gai sensei?!

"Who are you?" Kisame asked.

"The Leaf's noble, blue fierce animal... Mighty Gai!"

I'd say green, but that's fine.

"What a sight... shouldn't you be called a strange beast?" Kisame affirmed.

"Don't underestimate that man..."

I heard by a splash that Kakashi definitely collapsed on the water.

"Don't look at Itachi's eyes, Gai! You'll be caught up in his jutsu!" Asuma advised.

"I know that already! In order to fight Kakashi I devised ways to battle the sharingan. Open your eyes, guys! When you battle with the sharingan, it's not a problem if you don't look at those eyes! You work around it by gaining insight into his movements by looking constantly at his feet" Gai explained. "Kurenai, get Kakashi to the medical team. Asuma, Vega, you are my backups!"

"Okay!"

"Hai!"

"Interesting... that's some nerve..." Kisame said.

"Kisame... pull the plug. We didn't come to have a war. It's too bad, but no more of this nonsense. We're leaving" Itachi explained.

With so, the two cloaked men disappeared and we took Kakashi into the hospital.

~~~

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! If you liked it, don't forget to follow, vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it! This being said, see you in the next chapter, cheers,

UpriseDragon