Chapter 28: Revenge

~Vega's PoV~

Me, Asuma, Kurenai and Gai were in a hospital room with Kakashi lying on the bed.

"It appears that they haven't found Naruto yet" Gai stated.

"But don't you think that's strange? Those guys had already infiltrated the village. It should be easy to find Naruto in this village. Itachi knows Naruto's face" Asuma said, picking up a pocket of cigarettes.

"Shh" Gai hushed as we heard someone approaching the room.

Someone opened the door.

"Kakashi..." he was Sasuke. He was confused seeing our sensei sleeping on the bed. "Why is Kakashi sleeping? Besides, only jonin and Vega are gathered here... what are you doing? What in the world happened?!"

"Nothing... in particular..." Gai lied to my teammate.

That's until a random ninja came in and yelled.

"Is it true that Itachi has returned?! And moreover, that he's after Naruto...?!"

The jonin and me facepalmed at what the guy said.

I noticed Sasuke's curious expression turned into a scowl, then he dashed out of the room. I decided to follow him.

He was running rooftop to rooftop and visited places Naruto visits often, like his house and at Ichiraku's until I catched him and grabbed his wrist.

"Let me go! You cant stop me from my revenge" he said.

"I won't stop you, but I'll come with you"

"Hn, fine"

~Time skip~

"Long time no see... Sasuke" Itachi was showing his back to us, for more effect I guess.

"Itachi Uchiha... I will kill you!" Itachi then turned to us, with both the Uchihas activating their sharingan. "It's just as you said... I held a grudge against you and hated you. For the singular purpose of killing you, I... I have lived my life!" Sasuke said, sharingan activated and chidori blazing out of his hand, that is getting bruised for the high amount of electricity of the jutsu.

"I will kill you! Die!" Sasuke was leaving trails of destruction in the walls from the chidori, as he ran towards Itachi.

When he was right in front of his brother, he quickly caught Sasuke's wrist and the wall next to them exploded.

Naruto was trying to do something, he built up his red chakra and was about to summon a toad, but Kisame swung his sword and the chakra... disappeared...?

How?

"My sword Samehada has the ability to... cut through and eat chakra! It's a pain in the butt if the kid moves around and uses jutsu like that... before these legs... should I chop off these arms?

Before that moment I heard Sasuke screaming in pain, his wrist broken.

"Sasuke!" I ran towards him and started healing him, cyan magic surrounding my hands.

When Kisame was about to slash Naruto, a toad appeared in a poof of smoke and caught the sword. Then Jiraya appeared in another poof of smoke, behind Naruto and with a woman on his shoulder.

"You guys just don't know me much, do you? This man Jiraya does not fall victim to any woman's allurement, but rather his forte is winning women's affection!" Jiraya said, striking a weird pose.

"You were totally excited by a lame tactic like a woman winking at you! You shouldn't be the one to try acting all suave and cool, you Pervy Sage!" Naruto pointed an accusing finger towards Jiraya.