Chapter 33: The bet

~Vega's PoV~

We got outside so the lady sannin could confront my blonde teammate.

"Though I may not look it, I am one of the sannin. Why should I even take a genin seriously"

"What did you say?!"

She put her finger forward.

"I don't mean one minute... with one finger. This is enough to take you down. Well... come on, kiddo"

"D-don't make fun of me!"

Naruto, while dashing forward, picked up a kunai and threw some shuriken but the sannin avoided them tilting her head.

Then she disarmed the jinchuriki by grabbing his kunai with one finger and hit him like it was an uppercut and then poked his forehead, sending him flying and rolling on the ground.

S-so strong!

"Hey, brat! I'll ask you one thing before you faint. Why... get so passionate at the mention of hokage's name?"

"Unlike you... I will be the heir to the hokage name, no matter what! Because hokage is... because hokage is my dream!"

I noticed Tsunade's eyes widen before looking down. Naruto then made the jutsu learned from Jiraya, thinking that she dropped her guard off.

Tsunade recovered quickly and punched the ground, to make a huge crack in the ground, making Naruto fall into it.

Me and Tsunade's assistant went to help up Naruto, who was coughing. My attention then turned to Jiraya and Tsunade speaking about the jutsu Naruto just used.

"Jiraya, it was you... who taught him that rasengan, the spiral chakra sphere?"

It's name is rasengan, huh?

"I'm his teacher, after all"

"Humph... you and the Fourth hokage are the only ones who can use that jutsu. Are you in your right mind... showing someone a jutsu that he can't master? Don't give him false hope. That's why the moony kid starts joking about becoming a hokage!"

"It's not a joke! Stupid! Stupid! If I have three days, I'll master this jutsu!" Naruto interjected.

"You said it, kid. Men don't go back on their word!"

"Hah! I stand by my words. That's my ninja way"

"Then... how about a wager? I'll give you one week. If you can master that jutsu, I'll acknowledge that you have what it takes to become the hokage and give you this necklace"

"I don't need such a sorry necklace!"

"Don't say such things, Naruto... that's the only one of its kind in this world. And you could buy three mountains if you were to sell it. It belonged to the First hokage"

"Well that'll be fine!"

Me and Jiraya sweatdropped at his attitude.

"Good... however, you lose if you can't master the jutsu in one week! And you'll give me all the money you have on you" Tsunade said, picking up Naruto's full wallet.

"Oh! Gama-chan! When did she...?!" Naruto started searching everywhere in his jacked and pockets.

"Lady Tsunade! Why? That necklace is..." Tsunade's assistant said, worried.

"He won't be able to do it, anyway... let's go, Shizune"

With so Tsunade and her assistant Shizune went away.

~Time skip~

One week has passed and Naruto went to call me in my room on Jiraya's order. I thought Naruto was still training, since he never came back in the inn for like a week.

We were meeting on a rooftop, me, Jiraya, Naruto and Shizune.

He talked about Tsunade spiked up his drink last night. I saw him a bit dizzy, somehow.

"Hey! Shizune. It's about time you tell me what the heck she was talking about with Orochimaru"

Shizune put her head down.

"I wanted to believe Lady Tsunade... That's why I couldn't say until now" she put her hands on her stomach. "But... there's no time. Please come with me! I'll explain as we run!"

"Okay!" Jiraya stood up.

"I'm going, too!"

"Count me in!" I said, confidently.

So we started following Shizune, and she explained that Orochimaru wants his arms healed in exchange of reviving Tsunade's beloved ones and he plans to attack the Leaf again.

Dang! This is bad!

Soon we stopped to the same place where we searched Tsunade the first time, where the castle was destroyed and found her jacked with the kanji for 'gambling' on it.

"This way!" I said, going where I smelled Tsunade's scent.

So I took the lead and started searching for the lady sannin.

~~~

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! If you liked it, don't forget to follow, vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it! This being said, see you in the next chapter,

Cheers,

UpriseDragon