Chapter 22: Before the final test

~Vega's PoV~

Three weeks have passed and I've been training a lot lately. Kakashi also taught me and Sasuke his own technique, the chidori.

"Boar, dog, bird, monkey, ram..."

I made the handsigns and put my hand on the ground only to summon another piece of clothing.

I sighed and renounced. It's been a while and I was able to summon only clothing.

But probably I can use one of this clothing to summon... nah it won't probably work.

~Time skip~

I went to visit Naruto at the hospital, someone told me that he remained on top of a giant toad for almost all day, exhausting himself out. Me and Shikamaru were playing shoji and he beat me every game we made.

"Wow, he's sound asleep... I wonder if he's dead?" Shikamaru stated.

"Nah, probably not" I replied to pineapple boy.

Some time passed and Naruto slowly woke up.

"Where... am I?"

"In the hospital. They told me that you've been sound asleep for three days and three nights!" Shikamaru replied.

"Three days..." Naruto said calmly. "Three days and three nights?!" He yelled in realisation.

Then Naruto started yelling nervously, because he didn't want to miss the last match. Then he suddenly stopped.

"I'm... so... hungry..." Naruto's stomach started growling loudly.

"Oh yeah" Shikamaru picked up a basket with fruit in it. "It's such a drag but... I bought this fruit basket as a get well present for Choji. But the doctor said he couldn't have it. So let's eat it together"

"Choji? Is he sick?"

"Don't get the wrong idea. He got sick from eating too much BBQ"

Shikamaru then threw an apple to Naruto he was about to eat it before he suddenly froze.

"Since Choji can't have any, let's eat in front of him" Naruto grinned evilly.

"Aha! Yes! Naruto you're a genius!" I grinned evilly too.

"What a drag"

As we were passing by the rooms we saw Gaara standing next to Lee, sand surrounding bushy brows.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Naruto punched Gaara in his face. "What the heck were you trying to do?"

"I was trying to kill him" Gaara replied calmly.

"Why'd you have to do something like that? You beat him in the match, right? Do you have a personal grudge against him or something?" Shikamaru asked.

"I don't have anything like that. I just wanted to kill him, that's it"

"How can you say something so selfish, you bastard?!" Naruto yelled, pointing an accusing finger towards Gaara.

"If you get in my way, I'll kill you three too"

"I know you're strong from seeing you in the competition with him... but we can keep up with you. We didn't show our best skills in the preliminaries. And it's three against one! You're the one who's at a disadvantage" Shikamaru tried to scare him but he remained unfazed.

"I'll say it again... if you get in my way... I'll kill you"

"There is no way I'll let you do that! I have a real monster inside me! Im not going to lose to this guy!" Naruto spoke up.

"A monster, huh...? Me too, actually. It's just like you said, I had a terrible upbringing. When I came into this world, I took the life of the woman some might call my mother. So that I could become the strongest shinobi... my father brought his ninjutsu upon me, and so I became possessed by a sand spirit. I was born a monster. In the six years since the time I was six years old... my real father has tried to assassinate me more times than I can count! So this is the answer I came to... I am living in order to kill human beings other than myself" Gaara explained, shivers went down my spine.

I was trembling in fear, and I saw Naruto too, back-stepping and shaking.

"Now, die!"

Gaara charged his sand towards us until we heard someone's voice.

"Stop right there!" I saw the men saving us was Gai. "Tomorrow's the final round! There's no need to rush like this! Or do you want to stay here starting today?"

Gaara retrieved the sand into his gourd and left.

"I will... kill you all without a fail. Just wait"

With that we thanked Gai and left to go home, since tomorrow is the final match.

~~~

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! (Sorry if it's a bit short, don't worry it will be paired with another chapter) by the way, if you liked it, don't forget to follow, vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it! This being said, see you in the next chapter, cheers,

UpriseDragon