Chapter 14: The chunin exam

~Vega's PoV~

"P-please listen to me, Gaara. T-they lashed out first..." Kankuro said. I noticed he was scared by his presumably teammate.

"Shut up! I'll kill you"

Harsh.

"U-understood, I was wrong. I-I'm sorry... I'm really sorry" Kankuro apologised.

"I'm sorry about that..." Gaara apologised to us.

He then transformed into sand and got near his presumably teammates.

"Let's go. We didn't come here to play around" he said turning back.

"Without question, the land of Fire and the land of Wind are allied nations, but the arbitrary coming and going of shinobi is supposed to be prohibited by the treaty. State your purpose!" Sakura said to the Sand ninjas.

"Don't you know anything about it? My permit" the girl with the fan on her back said. "We came to this village to take the chunin exam"

"Chunin exam... what is a chunin exam anyways?" Naruto asked confused.

"Bro, if you pass the exam, you can become a chunin from a genin!" Konohamaru explained him.

"I see! Then, maybe I'll try taking them!" Naruto said excitedly.

"Hey! You there... what's your name?" Sasuke asked.

"Huh? M-me?" The girl with the fan turned around blushing.

"No! The gourd next to you!"

"I'm Gaara of the desert... I have an interest in you and the girl with sky blue hair. What's your name?"

"Sasuke Uchiha"

He then turned to me.

"I'm Vega, It's a pleasure to meet you" I bowed, he nodded at me.

"Say! Say! What about me? What about me?" Naruto interrupted pointing at himself.

"Not interested" Gaara said turning around and leaving, causing Naruto to anime cry. I went to comfort him.

~Time skip~

The next day we were supposed to meet at the bridge, but Kakashi hasn't arrived yet.

"Why is it that he's the one who always calls us out, and then makes us wait?! What's he going to do about the feelings of a maiden who accidentally overslept and resigned herself to no blow-drying?!" Sakura yelled.

"I overslept, so I haven't washed my face and didn't brush my teeth" Naruto said with a fist raised.

"Ew, that's disgusting" Sakura told him.

Idiot.

Suddenly Kakashi appeared out of nowhere with a hand raised up.

"Hey. Good morning, folks! Today, I got a bit lost on the path of life..."

"That's a lie!" Sakura and Naruto pointed an accusing finger towards our sensei.

"Uh, well... this is sudden, but I recommended you guys for the chunin exam, so... Here, these are your applications" our sensei started "that being said, the recommendations are not compulsory. You guys are free to decide whether you take the exam or not"

Then Naruto ran and hugged our sensei from excitement.

He really wanted to partecipate huh?

Then Kakashi told us that who wants to take the exam sign the application and to meet at room 301 of the academy, at 3:00 p.m. five days from now. Then he dismissed us and we parted our ways home.

~Time skip~

The next two days I woke up early, went trough my morning routine and started training. I asked Kakashi if he could lend me another one of that chakra paper.

"What are you gonna do with another chakra paper, Vega?" He questioned me.

"I feel like having more than one chakra type, but I just wanted to make sure" He then gave me a piece of that paper.

I infused my chakra in it and after a while it cut in half.

Hooray! I have another chakra type, that is wind!

"Kakashi, can you teach me a jutsu of this type?" I asked.

"Sure. How about the wind dragon jutsu? It's a B rank but considering your skills you will learn it before the chunin exams start" he answered me.

"Awesome!"

He then proceeded to show me the handsigns slowly. I tried them before adding some chakra to them, but with no result. After a few hours I could create a small dragon that quickly vanishes off.

~Time skip~

The day before the exams I managed to create a huge condensed air dragon that doesn't disappear quickly like the first few hours of training. I could control it almost like it's lightning counterpart. These days I also practiced my own jutsus, you will see.

I still have to perfect this wind jutsu, but for now, will do.

I also payed a visit to the hokage asking if there were fights I could use my magic. He said I could, awesome!

The same evening I talked with my friends through the lacrima and told them about what's going on, the mission in the Land of Waves, the battle on the bridge, and the upcoming exam!

Then I looked at my lucky charm bracelet, the one that Natsu gifted me for my birthday. It's made off the fallen scales of his scarf. Hope it brings me luck for the exam!

Soon I closed the call and went to sleep, because tomorrow, is the day of the exam!

~~~

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! If you liked it, don't forget to follow, vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it! This being said, see you in the next chapter, cheers,

UpriseDragon