"I want to be a hero, too!"

"Aizawa-sensei!" I whined as my teacher attacked me again. Three hours of training had passed and we had been fighting for an hour straight. The next day had already begun and school ended. Not for me and Hitoshi though.

Our mentor and supporter, Aizawa Shouta, trained us three times a week for four hours straight. We were really grateful and happy to have a pro hero train us, but we usually were pretty exhausted after training and in a bad mood since we would give up, loose or pass out.

But this time was a little different.

Aizawa-sensei was a little more tired than usual, giving me the opportunity to actually fight against him. Loosing over and over again to that man was very devastating and disappointing. Not only for me, also for him.

"Concentrate." Aizawa muttered annoyed as he threw a punch at me. He eventually got me and sent me flying across the gym, my back hitting the wall.

"(Y/N), kick his ass!" My brother cried out. Hitoshi watched the fight and hoped I would finally win, which was almost impossible.

Aizawa made sure to erase my quirk, but we both knew he couldn't keep it up for too long. As I kicked him, he blinked, deactivating his quirk that way. Knowing that he needed time to regain his strength, I smiled as I used my quirk again "Bye bye, sensei."

Looking into his eyes, my quirk activated. My indigo hair began to float a little and the invisible strings appeared, shooting out of my palms and wrapping themselves around Aizawa's wrists.

He suddenly stopped moving.

It looked like he was paralyzed, not present in his own body. A deep sigh escaped my lips and I wiped the sweat off my forehead. I licked my lips as I proudly smirked "That was quite eas-"

Suddenly, he began to move again and used his quirk on me, causing my strings, which were only visible to me, to disappear. I let my guard down.

He tightly wrapped his scarf around me, trapping me that way. I tried to get out of the scarf's grip, but jumping, shaking and pulling didn't help at all.

"That's what happens when you let your guard down, Shinso. Your and your brother's Quirks are almost similar. If your opponent's mental state is stronger than yours, you'll eventually loose control over them in a couple of minutes OR seconds. Don't waste that time."

I angrily pouted and got on my knees, too exhausted to even stand properly at that moment. Hitoshi ran up to me and patted my head "It'll be okay, lil sis."

"You're only 10 minutes older than me."

"What about it?"

I looked away in embarrassment. Again, I lost this battle. Even though it was just training, it meant a lot to me. What if I were to fight some villain very soon, I'd immediately loose without even moving. I knew my combat skills were better that my brother's, but this was just frustrating.

I need something to drink to calm myself down.

Standing in front of my locker in the girls changing room, I opened it and searched for my water bottle. "I should probably train more."

I drank a little and sat down on the bench, closing my eyes for a while. "I need to learn how to use my quirk." I looked down at my palms as I clenched my fist.

Damn you, 1-A students. Some of them probably aren't even grateful for attending that class, wearing the UA school uniform, getting a hero license or being teached by the best pro heroes in Japan. I opened my eyes and felt tears building up.

Or maybe it was just my fault for being a weakling, and putting the blame on them to make me feel better about myself. Tears slid down my cheeks as I softly sobbed. I bit my lip as I tried to stay calm. I had to admit, I was jealous.

"Maybe becoming a hero was a just a stupid idea..." My whispers and sobs echoed in the changing room and I sat there for a while, all on my own.

No.

I'm so pathetic. I did not make it to this school to cry about how weak I was. I was here to learn how to use my quirk effectively. I was here to learn how to help people who were in danger. I was here, to graduate as a hero.

I should be thankful and use the opportunity to become what I've always wanted to be. Someone's hero. I've never realized how much I truly wanted to be a hero, until that moment.

More exercising, being the best, becoming a hero...

That was my only goal.

~

I listened to music as I finally arrived. It was an old and abandoned building which was pretty much empty, giving me enough space to train. I looked around, memories of Hitoshi and me training here came up. It was still as cold as before, also pretty dark.

"Creepy, but it's okay, I guess..."

The smell of rust lingered in the air and the atmosphere gave me goosebumps. I little smile crept up on my face.

"Training can start now." I said.

~

After of a couple of hours, I came home. Sweaty and exhausted, I opened the door.

"Where were you!?" My brother screamed, making his way to me.
"Do you know how worried I was? Training ended an hour ago, and I thought you went home after you walked out of the gym!" Hitoshi sighed as he looked at my eyes, obviously seeing how tired I was.

He pulled me into a hug, resting his head on mine "What happened?"

I shrugged "It's nothing, don't worry." I quickly hugged him back.

"Where were you, though?"

"In that building we used to train before we met Aizawa-sensei." My voice was husky and dry from all the crying, sobbing and yelling. Hitoshi wanted to talk about my problems and thoughts, but he knew better than trying to get into my mind and basically forcing me to tell him.
Instead, he waited for me to open up, no matter how long it would take.

"Are you hungry?" I nodded.

"Do you want me to cook for you while you shower? You're sweaty and you stink."

I gasped and pushed him away "You can't just say that!" I laughed as I saw the grimace he was making.

"Hurry up, okay?"

As I was about to go upstairs, I halted "Thank you, Hitoshi."

"No problem, little sister."