Bother

The past few days had been pretty calm around here. Today was the last day of the internship, which was pretty upsetting to me. Bakugo and I hadn't talked to each other ever since he had brought me to my room. We both were always teamed up with other sidekicks. Like usual, after eating my breakfast, I got ready and walked into Best Jeanist's office.

"Good morning everyone." I smiled as I carefully closed the door behind me. The sidekicks greeted me back and the pro hero's eyes softened as he wished me a good morning too.

I was happy that I had connected with him so well. Best Jeanist was definitely the right choice. Interning with him and his sidekicks had helped me so well getting to know my quirk better and getting more experience. I crossed my arms, waiting for Bakugo to arrive. Last night the sidekick I was patrolling with, told me that we were going to patrol with the hero himself.

The door was slammed open and Bakugo walked in, with dark eye bags under his eyes, his deep and pretty crimson colored eyes narrowed when he saw me. I sometimes wondered why the hell he carried so much anger and pride within him. He mumbled something that somewhat sounded like a 'good morning'. I held back a giggle "Good morning, Bakugo. Did you sleep well?"

"Do I look like I did, Control Freak." He shot a glare at me, raising his voice a little, "You definitely should go and get your eyes checked."

"Gee, thanks." I muttered under my breath. I was genuinely worried about him, though I knew I shouldn't be. Bakugo was fine, there was no actual reason for me to be worried. But something felt off. I shoved my hands in the pockets of my costume.

"We should get going then." Best Jeanist, Bakugo and I walked out of the building, beginning today's patrol. I walked next to Bakugo who didn't seem to be too bothered at the moment. I figured that would change soon when his pace fastened. A small grin crept up my lips when I poked his shoulder. A groan escaped his lips "What do you want, Control Freak."

I sighed, yet again walking beside him to take a closer look at his face "You wanna talk about why you couldn't sleep?"

He scoffed in response and rolled his eyes at me "Shut the hell up."

I bit my lip. Well, that indeed did hurt. I didn't have much time to think about it, as Best Jeanist spoke up "It's possible that the villains who were inspired by the Hosu incident the other day, will become more active. Even though this is just a patrol, do not let both of your guards down."

I hummed in response. He was right, the hero killer Stain got many other villains to follow his ideology. I had thought about it yesterday, after watching the video that was uploaded. Stain was, somehow, not wrong. But also not right. There were many heroes who cared more about the money than the people they swore to protect and defend. The solution he thought was best, was straight up just messed up. Killing those type of heroes was not the smartest idea.

"This is sudden, but I have a question." The pro hero paused, "Patrols are meant to deter villains from committing crimes, but they also have a secondary effect. What is it?"

"If we see villains, we beat them up right away." The venom in his voice sent me a shiver down my spine.

"No." He said. "Shinso, what do you think?"

I clapped my hands together "I think, it's to make the people feel safe! The citizens need to trust us, the heroes, to keep the peace and protect them - no matter what."

"That's a good answer. I assume you talked to my sidekicks?"

"Yeah."

I looked over to Bakugo, seeing three kids standing behind us. I held back a laugh, knowing what was about to happen. I felt Bakugo getting more pissed off than he already was.

"I saw her on TV before!" He pointed and me. Then his finger wandered to Bakugo, pointing at him as a grin crept up his face "And him. He was caught by a villain and looked like he was about to cry, right?"

"What did you just say?!" He barked at them. I gave Bakugo a glare and held him back, keeping his mouth shut as covered his mouth with my hand. My eyes softened and I looked over to the kids, whose eyes started to water. I let go of the hedgehog and kneeled down to face the children.

"I'm sorry, he's had a rough night." I patted the head of the one boy with the red colored shirt. I exhaled a deep breath "Apologize."

Bakugo cocked a brow "I will not-"

"I said apologize." I said, in a more serious and deeper voice. His face turned slightly pink and he finally dragged his feet to the children. I waited, placing my hand on the kid's shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He rolled his eyes and turned around, walking away. I gave them an apologetic smile, standing up.

"Well, see you around." I winked, walking to where Best Jeanist was waiting for me. I can't wait for this day to end and finally see Hitoshi again. I hadn't talked to him for a long while.

I sighed "Bakugo, they are just kids. No need to yell at them."

"Shut the hell up." He mumbled.

Yep. Something was bothering him - and like the curious girl I was - I needed to know what it was.

__________________

Hi! this chapter is a short one and kind of a filler? I'm sorry for not Updating, but there has been a lot going on in my life. I will post the next - and longer chapter - very soon!
I really hope all of you are enjoying this Book and have a good time!

Don't forget to vote and comment your opinions about this Book <3