Ugly Crying and White Lies

"What the hell?" I groaned as I stood up, cocking a brow at him and crossing my arms. "That's bullshit." What made him think that? Was it because I ate lunch with him? My heart beat fastened when a small thought crossed my mind. I picked up my bag and glared at him as he grabbed my wrist.

"You're not going anywhere 'till I get my answer."

Was he jealous? The Bakugo Katsuki? I rolled my eyes and huffed "Bakugo, Todoroki literally only ate lunch with me. I'm not in love with him. He's just a classmate."

He let go of my wrist and rolled his eyes. The blond eyed me curiously - probably to figure out if I was telling the truth. I gave him a small smile and got the books I needed for the next class. Bakugo stood next to me, not moving or saying anything.

I decided to mess with him a little.

"Were you jealous?" I teased.

His eyes widened slightly - looking angrier for a second than before if that was even possible - and furrowed his brows "No. Why should I be jealous? It's not like I'd fall for someone like you. You're out of my league."

I froze. I felt immense pain in my chest - as if someone had stabbed me in the heart. Tears dared to roll down my cheeks, my vision was blurry as my eyes watered. "I need to use the bathroom for a second." I chocked out before running off, not looking back once. I slammed the door to the bathroom open and locked it, letting myself slowly slide down to the ground.

My heart was hurting. I was hugging my bag tightly, silently sniffing and crying my eyes out. That was the reason why Hitoshi was so afraid of falling in love. That was the reason why he warned me. I didn't even consider that it could feel this bad. Rejected by someone you really like hurts. As if someone had just punched me in the gut.

Bakugo Katsuki wouldn't want someone like me. If falling for someone meant to get rejected like this, I would've never let that happen in the first place.

"Why am I acting like this?" I whispered under my breath. "(Y/N), you don't need to depend on someone for your fucking happiness."

I got up, standing on my shaking and weak legs. I walked to the sinks, watching the cold water fill the one that was right in front of me. I washed my face with shaking hands, not daring to look into the mirror. I took a deep breath and dried the parts of my hair that accidentally got wet.

Someone was knocking on the door and loudly saying my name. My whole body shivered. I slowly dragged my bag to the door after opening it, seeing my brother's concerned look on his face right away. I sighed.

"I had a feeling you were in here." Hitoshi carefully pulled me in for a hug, holding me and talking to me in a low and calmed voice - as if i was glass that would break if he spoke any louder.

"I saw you rushing to the bathroom a couple minutes ago. What happened?" He whispered in my ear.

"I think," I paused, collecting my thoughts before continuing. "Bakugo just rejected me in the worst way possible." I hid my face in his chest, hot tears coming out of my eyes. "And he doesn't even know."

"Let's just go home."

I abruptly looked up "But what about-" He interrupted me, flicking my forehead "I'll think of an excuse later. Aizawa won't care anyways, right? It's not like he's actually teaching. He's probably planning on taking his third nap of the day."

I cracked a small grin after wiping away my tears "You sure?"

"Yes."

After half an hour we had finally arrived at our house. I let my bag fall onto the ground as I crawled into my bed. My brother had left me some snacks and a bottle of water, telling me to take care of myself.

He truly was an amazing sibling.

I sat up and looked around, trying to find my phone. I reached for my bag, finding my phone in it. "What-" I had twelve missed calls and over thirty unread messages from Bakugo. I raised a brow and decided to read his messages.

'Are you taking a shit or what?'

I smiled at the message.

'Control Freak, get your ass here.'

The other messages were just some random letters of the alphabet. I sighed and texted him back, telling him that I had went home since I felt very sick. A white lie shouldn't hurt anyone. I placed the phone on my nightstand.

"Welp." I slapped my forehead. "And I actually thought he liked me. In some way."