Surprises

"Bakugo!" I walked up to him, holding the baggage tight in my hands. The Internships had officially ended and we were free to go back home. A sigh escaped my lips. He had been ignoring me after patrol had ended. I softly placed my hand on his shoulder "Are you okay?"

He roughly jerked my hand away and grunted in response "I'm fine."

I took a step back and furrowed my brows. All that came out of my mouth was a whispered "Geez." What had gotten into him? That wasn't the first time that he had acted like a complete douche bag. I knew how he had been treating Midoriya - well, more like the whole class. I knew he was, well, an asshole to everyone. But he seemed hurt and vulnerable. Even the strongest person had a breaking point.

"I just want to let you know" I took a deep breath and gave him a small smile "I'll be there for you if you need help. Everyone needs someone they can talk to, am I right?" I saw my dad's car pulling over and slowly walked up to him. I turned around one last time to face Bakugo.

"See you soon, I guess."

He let out a tch, and crossed his arms "Whatever."

Teenage boys were more complicated than my mom had explained to me. Funny. I turned around and rushed to the car, carefully slamming the door shut after getting in and throwing my stuff to the backseats.

My dad looked as tired as he normally did. He flashed me a grin "Who's that?"

"A classmate, dad. Not every boy I hang out with is my boyfriend." I playfully rolled my eyes.

I felt myself zooning out, thinking about Bakugo. Again. Not only was he haunting my dreams - more like nightmares - he was difficult to understand. One moment he was soft, almost like he cared, and the next he was apathetic and uninterested. Something must be changing his mind over and over again. It's like he's forcing himself to act that tough around others. Even if, what had happened that caused this? I believed for sure he had always been full of pride - and powerful.

So, what had caused him to think people look down on him?

"(Y/N)? Stop daydreaming and get out of the car. I have to go back to work, sweetheart." My dad laughed. I huffed and opened the door, getting my baggage and mumbling a quick "Bye."

I saw Hitoshi standing in front of the opened door in our apartment, looking like he just had woken up from a nap. I giggled at the sight in front of me "You good?"

He sleepily shook his head as I handed him my baggage. I closed the door behind me and gave him a long hug. We spent some more time together in the living room, exchanging what had happened the past week while I was away. I could tell by the change of his face expression that he was quite confused when I had mentioned Bakugo's behavior, his kind gestures and his aggressive and rough side. I even questioned if I really liked him - maybe it was just a phase?

"(Y/N), you're the only person to know if you like him or not." He put his hand on my shoulder "I don't know why he acts the way he does, but it seems like he's nervous around you?"

I raised a brow "Bakugo Katsuki? Nervous around me? Yeah, right. If he wanted to he could kill me right away, Hitoshi. Don't be ridiculous."

"Maybe you are the one being ridiculous." He stated with a grin on his face. I scoffed and got up, ready to storm out of the room when I realized he was - in fact - right. I was being ridiculous. I had been thinking about Bakugo a lot lately.

"You're kind of obsessed with him at this point."

I froze. Obsessed was a kind of creepy word at this point and I was sure I wasn't obsessed with him. I tucked my hair behind my ears "I'm not obsessed. It's called overthinking."