History

When i was young my parents faught constantly. Not one day went by where they didn't fight. My mom always tried to tell me he was a bad man but I couldn't believe it. My dad was my hero, we were closer than anything. We'd always go on trips down town to my favorite ice cream shop where they had what seemed like hundreds of different flavors of ice cream to me. We made a promise that once a week we'd go and try a new flavor, we called it our ice cream Thursdays.

It wasn't until i was ten that he packed up his bags and left promising that he'd be back. I wanted to go with him but he told me to stay because he'd be back for me soon. He left on a Wednesday, the Wednesday before we got to go try the last flavor at the ice cream shop. I counted all the flavors we tasted and this would be our 50th and last new flavor.

He made the mistake of telling me that he'd be back and i made the mistake of believing him. I waited and waited and he never returned. It was just my mom, my brother Chani and I. I wouldn't eat dinner because i wanted to eat it with dad. For once i missed their arguing and yelling. It took years to realize that he wouldn't be coming back like he promised. Not only did i lose my best friend, we never got to try the last flavor of ice cream. I still haven't tried it, i don't want any memories to flash back after trying so hard to forget them.

My mom was always sad but no matter how sad she felt, she sucked it up for us and made sure we were the happiest we could be in a time like that. Whenever i was sad she was there to cheer me up whether it was because of my dad or something else. She was almost always there for me and she became the third closest person to me besides my brother and my then best friend. Most siblings fight but we rarely did, we were there for each other just as much as my mom was for me.

When i was in senior year me and my mom were on our way back home from grocery shopping. It was a cold icy night and unfortunately the car slid off the road into the woods and flipped. I tried to get her out after regaining consciousness but i couldn't and the ambulance was too late, there was nothing they could do. I didn't want to believe it, it couldn't be possible that both my parents left in a blink of an eye each and without any way for me to stop them from leaving.

All i have is my brother, after my mom passed it's just been him and I for the last 3 years just about. Neither of them got to see me graduate but my brother was there and that's all i needed.