Moving On

The next day at school I waited outside the class for Taehyung to come but he never showed. I kept my eyes on the door the whole class but he still never showed. I did this for the next week, he never showed either of those days. Finally I decided I'd just sit back where he usually sits until he came back. He didn't show at all for a couple days after too. People started talking about me saying I'm being desperate to be with him once they realized what i was doing but I don't care.

The day he finally showed he looked shocked to see me siting in his usual spot. I pretended I didn't see him and kept reading my book. He sat next to me quietly and leaned back. He glanced at my book and i snatched it away. "You can't read the middle of a book, it ruins it." I closed the book and set it in my lap. He smiled and nodded, "sorry." I pulled my notebook out and placed it on the desk as the professor walked in.

At the end of class we walked out together, people still talked as we walked through the halls. "Oh right." I stopped, "I have something to tell you." I tried to be as serious as I could. He stopped too and stared down at me. "I wanted to tell you that I'm moving on," he looked sad as he listened. "I don't think I should hold on to the past anymore." I unzipped my bag and pulled out the picture. Looking at it i said, "I need to grow up." I handed him the paper and he smiled slightly looking at it, i could still see the sad in his eyes. "But I can't move on without my best friend by my side."

He looked up from the paper trying not to smile fully. He opened it and reread what he had once written years back. After folding it back up he put it in his pocket. "Hey, no i want to keep it." He shook his head, "You don't need to." I put my bag back on and pouted, "but it's the only time that I remember that you've ever expressed your feelings. All though it wasn't the best letter." I mumbled the last part hoping he wouldn't hear. "Okay sorry my writing's not as good as yours." I laughed nervously, "I was kidding...Can i have it back now?" He stopped and thought for a minute before walking away.

Walking after him Jisoo turned the corner and bumped into him, he was about to say sorry before he seen who it was. He kept walking and I stopped to apologize for him. She ignored me and kept walking. I'm such a loser.

"Why can't i get the paper back?" he ignored my question and kept walking. "Fine. But I'll get it back one day." He held the paper up as he walked, "Not if i throw it away." I gasped sadly, "you wouldn't." He put his arm down, "watch me." He walked up to a garbage and threw the paper in there. I ran up as quick as i could and looked in, "Why'd you do that?!" He just stared at me, "You said I wouldn't, I did." My posture dropped and I walked back to my car, "I'll see you tomorrow then." He waved.

When I got back to my car there was three girls standing at the rear. "What'd you do to make him smile?" One asked. "I bet you embarrassed yourself huh. You confessed to him your feelings didn't you." Another threw in. "It's none of your business." I said pushing the button to unlock the car. "She's too embarrassed to admit it." a blonde haired girl threw in. "Look, there's nothing like that between us. Mind your own business and go fix your hair, you have a yellow patch." I pushed them out of the way and got into the car. I fixed the mirror to see them, she was upset having her friends check her hair. They kept standing there and i got bored, I honked the horn and rolled down the window telling them to get out of the way before they end up in the hospital. They walked off with ugly faces.