Winter Project

Taehyung and i sat together for the next two months. They were probably the most fun I've had in a while, we grew a lot closer again. We hung out some weekends, only because Jiwoo wanted to. He told me why his parents aren't around and why he hasn't told Jiwoo knowing she's going to be mad at him for a long time.

Today in class we did the same usual thing we always do, I read my book, which I'm almost done with and Taehyung draws comic strips occasionally bothering me when he doesn't have ideas. He never lets me read or even look at his skits. We made a deal though, he won't look at my book if i don't look at his comics.

When the professor walked in everyone got quiet, all you could hear is the rustling of bags and papers, people rushing to pull their notes out before the professor starts talking. "I was going to wait another week but I won't have enough time to grade before the semester ends." he continued, "Today you start your preparations for our end of semester winter project. You can go solo or choose a partner, I don't care but no more than two people a group. We'll be doing this project again in summer."

He passed around papers listing the criteria for the project and what it must be on. The project had to be on a song. We take the lyrics and break them up and explain how they relate to us and what we think the artist was thinking as they wrote the lyrics. It's a literature class, we have to be able to break things up and rebuild it in a new, informational light.

"I know it doesn't seem like a HUGE project but it takes time. You have to pull your own feelings toward the song lyrics. Not only that but you have to put yourself in their shoes and see the way they thought. Literature is about being able to express your thoughts through words. Make your readers feel what you're saying without seeing it in front of them. Make them happy or sad just by the arrangement of words and phrases. Use scenery and link it to emotion. But to be able to do that you have to be able to understand the process and that's exactly what this is for." He looked around and walked to his desk.

"We should start now so we're not rushing later." I suggested and Taehyung nodded still working on his comic. I peeked over to look at it and he pulled it away and hid it. "No." I sat back and crossed my arms, "When can I read it then?" he closed the notebook, "When I'm done." i pouted and looked at the book, "Whens that?" he shrugged and i grumbled opening my notebook to take down ideas on what to do the project on.

"So, what song are we doing?" Taehyung squinted his eyes and sat back, "Who said I wanted to work with you." i dropped my pencil and closed my notebook, "Fine. Do it on your own, i don't care." He sat up, "No no, i was kidding." He opened the notebook and put my pencil back in my hand. I smiled and turned towards him, "Any ideas?" He sat quiet for a moment before opening his mouth to talk but then stopped again. "Can we do songs in English?" I shrugged, "I guess as long as you can explain it."

We sat there for a while brain storming songs. So far we had Bored by Billie Eilish, Song Request by Lee Sora ft. Suga and more. We didn't connect to any of the songs. "Let's go to a cafe after class to work on it." I suggested. Taehyung tilted his head and crinkled his nose, "Jiwoo will get bored and start whining." I sighed and sat back thinking of where we could go that's not too loud and Jiwoo will enjoy. After a while it clicked. "Lets go to my house." Taehyung looked at me shocked. "What? We're just working on a project." He looked unsure about it too. "She'll enjoy it. I don't think she'll be too much of a bother. Trust me." he agreed and after class he went to pick up Jiwoo.

I went straight home to tidy it up a bit, since no one was ever outside it wasn't too much of a hassle. I threw my bag in my room and went to the attic to make sure it wasn't messy either, although I'm up there all the time it never got messy, just a little disorganized at times but i always made sure it was organized weekly.

After cleaning a bit I changed into comfy clothes since i was going to be sitting for a while. I threw on black leggings, a bright yellow sweater and my fuzzy black socks. I put my hair in a ponytail and went down stairs to wait in the living room.

When I finally hear the knock at the door i got unusually nervous as i got up to open the door. When I opened the door Jiwoo ran in and hugged me. Taehyung stood still and stared at me. "Are you okay?" I asked looking up at him. He blinked looked down turning red, "Yeah, just let me go get my bag, I'll be back." He walked back to the car to retrieve his bag and walked in closing the door behind him.