A Dull Room

I wake up to more beeping but no taking this time. First thing i see is a big ceiling light right above me. I'm in the hospital. I look over and Chani is sitting on the chair sleeping. I turn back around and try to remember what happend but not much is clicking. I don't know why I'm here and why my head hurts so bad. Maybe its just the hangover but i don't know.

"Y/n? You're up?"Chani got up from the chair and came over. "Why am i here?" Chani looked at me worried. "You don't remember?"
I sighed, "Well i kinda know the events leading up to this but not why im in the hospital." i probably look like a lost puppy because he stared at me with sad eyes.

"I'll let the doctors and police talk to you." he called walked out of the room to call the doctor or nurses.

I sat there still confused and look around the room some more. I counted all the frames and there's 5 frames, all of exotic flowers. That seems to be the only color there is in this room. Hospitals suck, they're boring and lifeless.

"Good morning Y/n. How do you feel?" the doctor asked checking the machines. "Any pain?" The doctor said with his pen already on the paper. "Just a headache. When can i go home?" I asked already tired of being here.

"If you weren't aware already, you were in an accident the other night which led to you being in a short coma for two days, but you're alright now. You can go home tomorrow as soon as all the paper work is done, your brother here is doing it and you'll be all set for tomorrow." The doctor walked out and a police officer came in.

"Good morning Y/n, can i talk to you for a moment?" he asked. I nod and sit up.

"Could you tell me what you remember from Tuesday at the bar?"

"Well i was at the bar with my friend and some guy came up to me and bought drinks. I remember being in a car before coming here. He said something about following orders then i blacked out again and ended up here."

"Do you remember his name?" I thought about it for a while and he never gave me his name. "no, i never got it." the officer looked disappointed but serious. "Well you're lucky. If you  wouldn't have gotten in the accident then who knows what could've happened. We did a check on the license and there's no name on it. Since the driver ran off, there's a high chance he's involved in something you shouldn't be."

Well then, I could be dead right now. It's kind of hard to take in, the fact that if i didn't get in this accident who knows where i'd be right now. "The guy fled the scene before the ambulance arrived so he's still out there. You're going to have to be careful and not go anywhere alone for a while. Does he know you name?"

Im so stupid. "...my first yeah..." the officer looks disappointed and but serious again. "Yeah be extra careful. We had people describe him so we have a good idea of what he looks like, we'll have patrols around your neighborhood and university for a while till he's caught. Have a good day and be safe, call us if you see him." He got up and started walking out.

"Wait," The officer stopped and turned around , "was anyone else involved in the accident?" he nodded. "A nine year old girl and her aunt. The aunt is fine but the little girl has a bit more serious affects. She's still here if you want to see her." I have to go see her. I have to apologize and make sure she's alright. I thanked the police and layed back down.