It's a Date!

August 30th, 2018

Before going to the hospital i pick up a bouquet of daises, hopefully she doesn't have any allergies. When i walk into the hospital i get her room number and go up. On my way i catch a glimpse of a handsome guy in the cafeteria. We made eye contact for second before the elevator opened. He looked familiar but I couldn't tell where he was from. I swear I might've known him when I was little.

I contemplated knocking, feeling like her parents were going to be in there and yell at me or not want me there. After a minute i finally knocked and a little girl opens the door and looked up at me. "Hi, are you Jiwoo?" i asked nervously, even though shes a kid its still pretty scary. She nodded. I immediately felt bad and i could feel my eyes soften.

"Well I'm Kang Y/n. I was in the accident too and i heard that you were in it so i had to come and see if you're okay." Her eyes begin to shine. "So you're the lucky lady the doctors were talking about in the restroom." She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the room. Its cute but she pulled my sprained wrist. I unintentionally whimpered but quickly shut up.

"Are you okay?" she looked at my wrist and let go. "Oh! I'm sorry! please forgive me. I didn't know your hand was hurt." she looked sad and it broke my heart. "No no its okay, I just sprained it, it's fine." she looked sad still and sat on her bed. I sat next to her and held her hand. "Don't worry about it. I'm here to appoligize though. I'm sorry that you got into the accident."

"Why are you apologizing. It's not your fault. It's the bad mans fault. that's why the police are looking for him." she sounded so serious its cute.

"How do you know there's a bad man?" i asked

"I asked my brother about the lucky lady the doctors were talking about and he said there was a bad man being mean and you got lucky the police found you but the bad man is still out there. So they have to find him" Her brothers explanation of the situation is cute it made me smile hearing how cute it sounded. "That's right. By the way where are your parents?"

"I just have my brother, mom and dad went to the US last year. I haven't seen them since they left." that broke my heart even more.

"Oh, well where's your brother, i want to talk to him." I ask looking around like there's gonna be a secret door or something. "He went to get lunch, he's coming back in a little bit." I nodded and just sat there waiting and talking to Jiwoo.

After about 10 minutes the door opened and a deep voice filled the room. "They didn't have strawberries but I got gra-" He froze in his steps and stared at me. It's the guy from the elevator. "I-uhm. I'm-" Jiwoo interrupted as I struggle getting words out. "This is Kang Y/n, the lucky girl you told me about." Jiwoo's voice was bright and happy like she'd met a celebrity or something.

"I..." i struggled to get words out. He walked over and handed the food to Jiwoo, "Don't eat too fast." and looked at me. "I-I was wondering if I could talk to you..." he nodded and started walking to the door.

We stood in the hallway for a minute, no one talked and I just kept my head down. "I'm sorry..." I felt my eyes getting teary just thinking about how I hurt Jiwoo. "Don't apologize. You didn't do anything, if Jiwoo's not mad then don't stress." His voice is calming. "But if I-" he stopped me again. "It's not your fault. She's fine, stop crying." He sounded soft, it felt secure just hearing that. "I'm not crying, my eyes are just sweating..." I looked down blinking the tears away. "I know you said not to apologize but I want to take you guys out to lunch when she's discharged...as an apology." It was obvious he was contemplating wether to agree or not. "She's out tonight actually, so...if she wants then yeah." I got excited and smiled, I probably looked stupid but it's relieving that they're not mad at me.

"Hey, dry your eye sweat before you go back in, Jiwoo's sensitive." Embarrassed I turned around and fixed myself up before opening the door again.

When I walked in she was sitting there eating her lunch watching a cartoon. "Oh, y/n! Was he being mean? Tell me, I'll beat him up for you." Her eyebrows furrowed and she got on her knees on the bed. "What, no." I giggled. "Your brother is nice, you don't need to beat anyone up." She started at Taehyung suspiciously and turned back to me. "If you say so...." she popped a grape into her mouth.

"Actually Jiwoo, i was wondering if you wanted to go to lunch with me this weekend, only if you want. You don't have to." Her eyes brightened and she jumped a little. "Yes!" Taehyung looked at her reaction surprised at how excited she seemed. "Is oppa coming?" I turned around to him and he looked at me like I knew the answer. He didn't really look like he wanted to go so... "I-uh I think he's busy tomorrow..." I looked at him questioningly. He looked over to Jiwoo who sat back down obviously upset about it. I felt bad. "It's okay, maybe we can go to the park afterwards or wherever you want." She got a little happier but not as much as earlier. I looked at Taehyung kinda upset. He sighed and looked at her "I'll just reschedule." Her face lit up and again and she jumped up. "Yay!"