Return to Neverland

I guided Taehyung and Jiwoo to the stairs and stopped. Two reasons; One, I don't want to walk into that room with Taehyung and two I need to get my bag and laptop. "I'll be back, I need to go get something. You guys can go up." I looked at Taehyung and he looked kind of excited and hesitant on going up there again. Jiwoo seen the lights through the crack of the door being left open slightly. She immediately pulled his hand, dragging him behind her.

When I got to my room i opened the laptop to make sure there weren't any embarrassing sites im uncomfortable with other people seeing open. After clearing a few tabs i took the laptop charger along with my phone charger and my bag and went up to the attic. I walked up the stairs slowly listening to Jiwoo's excited voice moving around the room and Taehyung telling her not to touch anything till I got back.

I pushed the door open slowly to avoid catching their attention but they were already facing the door when i walked in. Jiwoo ran up to me excited, "This is so cool!" I smiled at her and patted her head, "Thanks, my dad built it when I was little." She looked at Taehyung and back at me, "Your dad is so cool. I wish-" Taehyung stopped her from saying anymore. She closed her mouth and walked back to him.

I went to the desk in the corner of the room and set up the area for the both of us. "Taehyung, come here." He walked over and just stood there hovering above me. "Well sit, we have to pick a song." He nodded quietly and sat next to me. I opened the laptop and my notebook and wrote down November 13, 2018. Taehyung stayed quiet, never uttered a single word or made a sound. I forgot he was there for a moment while i rewrote the ideas on the paper.

"Unnie, can i watch peter pan? Please please please." I smiled, "Yeah, do you know how to use a VHS tape?" she nodded and opened the case and popped the tape in.

I looked over to Taehyung who was looking around the room. "You never took it down?" He said his eyes still studying the room. "No, I haven't been up here since that day. I came two months ago and fixed it up." He looked at me confused, "But it looks the exact same as we left it." I nodded looking around, "I just replaced the lights and washed the blankets. A little bit of repainting, cleaning; you know?" he chuckled softly and looked at me, "And you couldn't wait for me?" I licked my lip and looked down, "I wasn't sure you'd stay..." He set his bag down and sat quiet.

"Anyways, we need to pick a song-" he interrupted me mid-sentence, "I already picked one." i looked at him surprised. "it serves two purposes, One for the project and the other is the song i promised I'd have. I've been waiting for the subject of Neverland to come up to show you the song. I had another song but i liked this one a lot more." Trying to hide my excitement I fixed myself in my chair. "I thought you forgot about the song." He shook his head and turned the laptop towards himself. He typed out words and clicked. The song played:

"Welcome to Wonderland, we've got it all
Potions and pastries that make you grow tall
Forests and cottages, castles and cards that can talk
~
Welcome to Wonderland, look where you're at
Maddest of hatters, the Cheshire Cat
Magical cabins and lovely white rabbits with clocks
~
Dancing through a dream underneath the stars
Laughing 'til the morning comes
Everyone that leaves has a heavy heart, oh, Wonderland I love"

Taehyung paused the song and looked at me, "What do you think so far?" Taehyung looked serious about the song, it was cute to see him serious like that. I smiled and nodded, "I like it." He smiled. "Well what I've heard so far." His smile faded to a serious look. "I'm just kidding, relax." He just pushed play on the song. After listening to the whole song, my favorite part was the end.

"Nothing around here is quite as it seems
Not sure if everything's real or a dream
And the only thing sure from the start
Is the song that's inside of your heart
Don't let it leave"

"Why'd you pick Wonderland if this is Neverland?" I questioned hoping for a good answer. "You used to call it Wonderland. And this song perfectly reflects this place, you had the right name." I smiled, "So you remembered. I think this is both places in many ways." He nodded and looked around again. I remembered all our childhood games as my eyes scanned the room. Memories of my best time in life flooded my mind and I didn't want to snap out of it.

"Oppa?" Jiwoo yelled out. Taehyung turned his head. "These papers all say your name." I looked at Taehyung to see what his answer was going to be. He got up and whispered something in Jiwoo's ear that made her smile and cover her mouth. When he stood up he looked down at her with raised brows. Whatever he told her she nodded her head and went back to watching the movie.

When he got back I wanted to lean in and ask what he told her but it's not my business, or i just don't want to know what he told her. I just sat quietly obviously suspecting of something. "What do you think of the song for our project?"

"I like it." i responded. He held a straight face and looked back at the screen.

We worked on the first section of the song then got bored of working and stopped. "let's go watch the movie with Jiwoo." I insisted and he nodded getting up after me. Jiwoo was excited that we sat with her. Taehyung stayed quiet which i didn't realize why till minutes later. We were sitting in the exact same spots we sat the last time we hung out up her, the time he kissed me. Realizing that my heart felt heavy and i began stroking Jiwoo's hair as she fell asleep on my lap.

Sitting there with Taehyung felt like time was reversing. I felt my soul getting younger and younger the longer i sat there. Eventually the presence of Jiwoo disappeared and it was just me and Taehyung like when we were little. I felt his presence only and only that. The room smelled like vanilla and the lights dim. The TV volume was low and the setting felt calm and free. Looking around the room it glowed a beautiful yellow I haven't seen since i was little. This is exactly how everything felt as a child and I would do anything to go back to those good old days. Sadly, in reality no such thing as reversing time or stunting growth into adulthood exists. 

When I made eye contact with Taehyung time froze and we stared. I know he felt the rush of youth in that moment wanting nothing more than to reverse time and go back to the way things were before it all went to shit. His eyes sparkled again like they used to. The dull look in his eyes that was there since he left was gone and the old Taehyung seemed to be back. The happy, reckless and caring little kid I once knew was back. I had my Taehyung back. I don't want to lose him again, I can't lose him again.

Jiwoo groaned but it didn't break the our eye contact. I'm scared that if i look away he's going to be gone again, I don't want that. I can't go through that again. I have him now and i can't let him go again, i just can't. I wonder what's on Taehyung's mind, if he feels the same. This is the only moment I've ever wanted to read someone's mind so bad it frustrates me.