The Guy at the Bar

August 29th, 2018

It's the 10th year anniversary of my dad leaving and every year i go out with my best friends Irene and Jinyoung to the bar whether its a school day or not, I drink till i can't anymore. Its like a holiday for me and my friends get dragged into it against their will. It's the only time i let myself think about that day and drink the pain away. Though most people would've gotten over it by now, I can't. They wouldn't understand the connection we had.

I got ready, slipping on my dress and heals after my makeup and left. Irene picked me up and Jinyoung said he'd meet us there. When we got there it was unusually full so it was hard to find a good spot at the bar where we wouldn't constantly get bumped into but we managed.

We ordered drinks right away and after a while irene got a text. "It's Jinyoung, he can't make it. His grandma's in the hospital again. He said sorry and that he'd make it up to you." I nodded, "Understandable, tell him i said its okay." It doesn't bother me, i love his grandma and i know how much she means to him. He needs to be there for her.

A handsome guy walked up next to me. "Hey, I can't help but notice you. Can i sit?"
I turn to Irene and she winked and walked away to find a dance partner. "Um, sure." I say with a smile. He ordered more drinks and flashed me with a cute smile. "So, what's a beautiful girl like you doing here on a week day like this?" I looked to my fingers examining my rings, "Personal reasons."

He just smiled and nodded. "Two of your strongest drinks please." he told the bartender then looked back at me, "You have good alcohol tolerance?" I looked down to my weak drink, "I think so yeah." My alcohol tolerance sucks. "A toast to your personal issue and for it to get better." he raised his drink and chugged it. I did the same.

We spent the next half hour talking, words slur out of my mouth and my balance is off. He seems totally fine though. "Oh and I'm Y'n by the way" i say and my vision goes black.

I wake up in a car consciousness still in and out. "Wh-where am I?" A blurry figure responded, "Don't worry about it, you'll have lots of fun." I recognize the voice but i just cant put a face on it.

"Take me h-home..." words barely escape my mouth. I can't move, it's like I'm paralyzed. I can barely move my fingers and everything else is completely paralyzed. "Sorry princess, no can do, i was given very specific orders and i have to follow them or I'm in trouble. Just sit tight and shut up. You can do that right? I mean, considering that fact that you can't move." He laughed and it clicked, he's the guy from the bar. Or...

I could barely get any words out before my vision started blacking out again. Last thing i hear is him yell "shit" and then everything went black again.

As I become conscious again i can hear beeping and talking. "Female, age seems about early twenties, we couldn't find any ID-"

"Where am I?" I ask not completely sure where i am if its a hospital or not."Can you tell me your name?" a lady walking beside me asked. "Kang Y/n." I respond. The doctors kept trying to talk to me and keep me up but all i hear was someone yelling out "Where is she?! Jiwoo!?" and my vision blacked out again.