Goo

After working on the project the other night I promised I'd take Jiwoo out even though I don't have money. I know Taehyung wouldn't let me if he knew I don't have money but then Jiwoo would be sad and I don't want that. I'd rather be broke then let anyone be sad.

We went to lunch again which already really hurt my pockets Jiwoo had the same thing as always and Taehyung didn't eat anything. I had just a coffee since I didn't have time in the morning and I barely got any sleep the night before. "Unnie? Why don't you have lunch?" I smiled looking at my coffee, "I had a big breakfast." I lied, I forgot to eat breakfast and I don't have money for my lunch. She pointed her spoon toward me motioning for me to take a bite, "Do you want any?" Her eyes still have that gleam of innocence. I kindly rejected and took a sip of my coffee.

"She put her fork down and stared at her food then spoke, "Well...if you're not going to eat, then I'm not going to eat." I felt my heart sink to my stomach as i watched her push her plate away. Taehyung sat up and pushed her plate back in front of her. She sat back and crossed her arms. I sighed as the sadness overcame me, "Okay, if I take a bite, will you finish your food?" She nodded still not making eye contact. I pulled the plate closer and picked up the spoon, i looked at her and she finally looked over but kept her eyes on the spoon. I took the bite and she sat up, the same smile that I loved revealed itself again. She pulled the plate back to herself and began eating again till she finished.

After lunch I paid and we were off. "Where are we going?" I asked Jiwoo as she buckled her seat belt. She made a thinking face and tapped her chin. "Where do you want to go?" she asked. I shrugged, "Where ever you want to go." she smiled, "The Zoo." I nodded slowly and pulled out of the parking space. The zoo's expensive.

When we pulled in I told her I'd go after her, I just needed to take a call. When I pulled out my phone I called the bank to get my balance, $106.48. Tickets are expensive and I don't know if I can afford it. I stood there for a second thinking and texted Taehyung that I don't have money right now. When he read the message he looked over to me and took Jiwoo's hand and walked over.

"Come on unnie~" Jiwoo whined as she switched from Taehyungs hand to mine. "I-uh...I-I-" I stammered and Taehyung cut in, "Come on. I got the tickets." I looked at him surprised and he gave me a look saying that he knew. Jiwoo took my wrist and we walked in.

We stopped at EVERY animal. We didn't skip one, Jiwoo said she wanted to see them all and she wasn't kidding. We seen EVERY animal there was to see. And when we couldn't see one, she made us wait till it appeared. I mean, it was cute though, she's a kid. She's still curious about things even animals. After a good 6 hours at the zoo we went out to eat again for dinner before parting ways.

Jiwoo had to use the restroom and as soon as she left Taehyung put his chopsticks down and looked over to me. "You don't have to pay for everything Y/n. I have money, I can pay for us." I sighed and poked at my food, "I'm sorry. I haven't been able to work much lately but next time we go out, I'll pay. I promise." Taehyung sat back in his chair and looked at me with a serious expression. "I said you don't have to pay all the time. Don't worry about it. You have your own life to deal with, don't feel obligated to take Jiwoo out and pay all the time." I put my chopsticks down and finally looked up to Taehyung, "But you're my company, I have to pay or it'll be rude." He rolled his eyes in frustration and sat up again, "Y/n, don't worry about it. I said it's fine and Jiwoo would understand. You don't have to keep other people happy all the time. Worry about yourself sometime's too." I opened my mouth to say something but Jiwoo appeared again.

She looked at both of us supsicious like we were hiding something from her. She picked up her chopsticks and squinted her eyes at Taehyung with the same suspicous look on her face. His eyes widened in question but she just shrugged and took a bite of her food. Taehyung looked at me for an answer but i shrugged not knowing what she meant either.

After dinner we walked back to the car which was still parked at the zoo. It was a 15 minute walk. I played a game with Jiwoo where we can't step on the cracks or we lose. We tried to persuade Taehyung into playing but he didn't want to. He walked behind us as we walked stupidly just trying to avoid the cracks. Eventually I lost, not being as young as Jiwoo and not having that much energy to keep going for more than 5 minutes and wanting to walk normally.

"Aha! I win! Now we have to go out on Friday!" she pulled my arm and started walking. After a couple more minutes I heard a noise and stopped. Jiwoo asked why I stopped but I shushed her, I felt rude but I had to figure out what I was listening to. Just before I was about to start walking I heard it again.

After seeing what it was I smiled and kneeled down. I turned my heard to the side a little to get a better look of it. It couldn't be more than a month and a half. It was little. Once Jiwoo seen it she got excited and kneeled next to me. I had to tell her to shush a little or she'd scar it away. She nodded and zipped her lips close. I held my hand out and made a noise to get it's attention. After a little while it's little paws stepped closer. Surprisingly I gained it trust without having to feed it anything. Well if cats work the way dogs do.

I picked up the little black kitty and placed it in my arms as it purred. Jiwoo looked at it as if she'd never seen a cat in person. "Can we keep it?" She turned to Taehyung with puppy eyes. "We can't have pets in the appartment, you know that." Jiwoo pouted and looked at the kitty. I looked at the kitty with its big bright blue eyes. "I'll keep it." Jiwoo smiled and went on about how that way she'll be able to see it often. "You know you're probably just taking a baby from it's mom." Taehyung commented. "What if it didn't have a mom and it was just alone? Maybe that's why it's so skinny." Taehyung stayed quiet for a moment. "Well what if it was with siblings and you're only taking one to give a good life to and leaving the others to die alone?" I stopped in my steps and started walking back.

"What're you doing?" Taehyung yelled out. "What if there's another one. I can't just leave it." As soon as i reached where we found the kitty i held it in front of my face and furrowed my brows worried. "Are there more of you? Do I need to find a sibling?" The kitten responded with a meow. I nodded my head and looked around to see if there were anymore. Taehyung just sat on the bench watching and waiting for me to finish being insane.

After looking for about 10 minutes we finally started walking to the car because it was getting cold. I put the kitten in my lap and started driving. I felt like someone was staring at me so i took a quick glance at the kitten in my lap which was sleeping soundly. This left me confused wondering as to why I felt someone was looking at me. I furrowed my brows as i drove then looked to Taehyung. "Why're you looking at me?" He blinked and looked forward. "Just wondering if you pick up every animal you find." I nodded, "I do. I take them to the vet so they can get checked up and find a home." I was able to see Taehyung shocked after I said that because he was just kidding.

I dropped them off and sat in the car with the kitten. "I gotta take you to the vet huh." I knew it wouldn't respond and drove to the store to get it a little blanket for the night and a little toy in case it got bored.

I took the kitten to the vet the next morning to get a check up. As I thought it was about a month and a half and a female. I decided I'd keep her. When we got back in the car, I put her in the passengers seat and stared at her as she stared back at me. I suddenly realized why I had no money, I never picked up my paycheck friday. I sighed and drove to my job and picked up my check then went to the bank to put it in. That brought my balance up to 453 dollars. I took the kitten to the pet store and bought the basics, a bed, a small scratching post, food, a litter box and of course a collar and name tag. Her name is Goo. I figured I'd save up to get her chipped but for now she has her collar if anything.