First Night

Pulling into the apartment parking lot place was just weird. I'm used to having a house and my own little driveway to put my car. I sat in the car thinking. I'm honestly not completely sure i really want this. I mean, I like Jinyoung but i don't want this. I want privacy and freedom. He's a little controlling and I don't really like that. He makes decisions without even telling me and I just go along with it. I like hanging out and going places with him, talking in the car on little road trips. He's been more and more controlling and mean the past couple months.

It's already late, I know he's going to say something. Before walking in i stood at the door and stared at the number pad. I reached out but before i could type in the password the door opened. Jinyoung was still dressed in his slacks and button up shirt. His stare was cold. I could see the slight anger in his eyes. "What took you so long?" he stood closer to me. "I just wanted to spend time with Goo before leaving her. She's always with me so it's new for her." He nodded and opened the door wider. I stepped in and took off my shoes. He pulled me into a hug surprising me. "I'm sorry I've been a little moody lately. The internship has been a little rough." pulled myself away and looked into his eyes with a smile. This is the Jinyoung I know. "It's fine, I know you have to work hard." Not really though. He's at his dads company. He's going to be director anyways.

He stepped out of the room so I could change. My clothes were already hung up in the closet color coded. I looked for my favorite tee and a pair of shorts which really wasn't hard considering the color coding. I walked out and sat on the bed. It's weird having a room bigger than the living area back home. It's even weirder that I just yesterday Jinyoung asked me to date him and today I'm going to sleep in the same bed as him. It's big enough for each of us to have our own space without contact but i don't know. Mom wouldn't like this any more than me even if he's rich. Dad would most definitely hate it. Chani for sure hates it too.

Jinyoung knocked and i let him in since I was already dressed. "How do you feel?" He asked. "What do you mean?" I looked at him confused. "Well about the new apartment. Do you feel comfortable?" I looked at my hands and bit my lip. "Uh yeah...I mean i feel fine. It's different than what I'm used to but yeah I'm okay." He walked over and sat on the bed next to me. "I can sleep on the couch till you feel better here with me." I smiled and nodded. He smiled and got up. In a covered he pulled out and extra blanket and pillow and took it to the couch. He then went to his closet and got some clothes to change into. The last time he walked in was to put his clothes away and wish me goodnight. After that I was left alone in this big room and on a big bed. I usually sleep with Goo but i can't now. I turned off the lights and lied down.

Unable to sleep I kept tossing and turning. The bed was comfortable but the apartment wasn't. I just don't get a good vibe from it. Not that I get a bad one but It's just not comfortable being here. Then I remembered that I haven't taken off my makeup. I went to the bathroom and wiped everything off then washing my face. Looking at myself in the mirror a gush of sadness rushed over me and my eyes watered. I don't feel right here.

Sitting on the floor tears streaming from my eyes i thought about how mad Chani must be right now. Or how sad Goo must be sleeping without me for the first time. I took my phone from the counter and began typing.

Y/n: Hey, are you awake?

I didn't get a response for five minutes but I checked my phone every minute till I got the ding.

Taehyung: What are you doing texting me this late? I'm trying to sleep.

Y/n: I'm sorry. I just want to see how Goo's doing.

Taehyung: Aside from the constant meowing, she's doing fine.

Y/n: she probably misses me. :(

Taehyung: Don't worry about her. She'll be fine, she's actually been quiet the past hour. She's sleeping beside me.

Y/n: don't kill her...she's my best friend.

Taehyung: I said don't worry. Just go to sleep, its late.

Y/n: Fine. give her kisses for me. Goodnight ~

Taehyung: night

I put my phone in my lap and sighed. I picked it back up to call chani but I realized the time. He's most likely asleep by now. I sent him a text anyways saying "I miss you...I hope you slept well." and got up to go back to bed. Just before I was finally able to fall asleep my phone dinged.

Chani: I'll try.

Y/n: I'm sorry

Chani: Better be. My hearts hurting over here.

Y/n: :(

Chani: Ok now go to sleep its late. Sleep well. goodnight.

Y/n: goodnight

It's 02:43 and both Chani and Taehyung are awake. Usually they're both asleep anytime I text either of them at this time. Not that I text either of them at this time often, I just get random ideas that I have to get out sometimes. I turned on some music and wrapped myself in the blanket hoping to suffocate to sleep. But then I got thirsty and got up to get a water bottle from the fridge. I opened the door slowly and walked out taking each step as gently as I could. I snuck over to the couch to see if Jinyoung was asleep already or if he was having trouble sleeping on the couch. Looking over he seemed to be sleeping. I got the water bottle and started walking back to the room.

Laying back down in bed I couldn't sleep again. I sat up and stared at the door wondering if having someone with me would help. After about five minutes of decision making I got up and walked over to the living room. I peaked over the couch but Jinyoung was gone. Looking up I seen him sitting at the counter in the kitchen and walked over. "Can't sleep?" He asked. I shrugged and leaned on the counter next to him. "You know I can hear you moving." I nodded, "Getting used to this is hard." He nodded and took a drink of his water bottle. "Worrying about your brother?" I stayed quiet. "I'll make sure he's taken care of, don't worry about him." I nodded and smiled. It's not that, it's just that he doesn't like this and I take what he says seriously.

Back in the room I finally felt better sleeping, although not completely comfortable yet. I wrapped myself in the blanket and Jinyoung slept on the floor beside me a foot away from the bed. I was finally able to sleep not feeling so alone.