Kim Taehyung

When i walked into class it was unusually empty. I took my seat in the back of the class like taehyung said and waited for the the lecture to begin while reading a book.

Someone sat next to me but i didn't look, that's weird. They smelled good though, like a vanilla perfume. I glanced over to see who it was and smiled. It was Taehyung. I couldn't help but smile, "I like your cologne." He threw his notebook in front of him annoyed and i just sat back and continued reading my book with a smile on my face.

"Jiwoo sprayed me when we were in the car." He said with an annoyed expression still on his face. I leaned over with my book still in front of my face and turned to him, "I like it." i joked, it did smell good though. I could tell he wasn't sure if i was being sarcastic or serious. He sat back and pulled out a pen.

When the lesson was over he stayed sitting while everyone left. "Aren't you going to leave?" He signed and closed his notebook, "Are you?" he looked up. "Well yeah, but if you aren't then i don't want to leave you alone." He let out a breathy laugh and put his stuff away. "Then let's go." he stood up and started walking off.

As we walked through the hall girls stared and whispered, i didn't think they could be so childish still. Taehyung seemed to be used to being stared at by everyone but to me it was weird, uncomfortable. As we turned a corner a girl whispered, "I'm not worried, she's not that pretty. He'll just play with her and break her heart in a month." I wanted to turn around and clarify that it's not like that. Taehyung heard too, just before i was going to turn around he grabbed my arm. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Don't waste you're time on her." he was gonna continue but stopped. I turned around to look at her one more time, she's really pretty.

Once we  got to the parking lot i stopped at my car and called to him, "Why'd she say that?" he stopped and stood staring at me. "She's just jealous because i was walking with someone else." I'm not mad at anything, I just want to know. "Is she an ex?" He turned around and kept walking to his car, that's enough answer. She is.

On my way home i kept thinking about it, Taehyung. Kim...Taehyung. KIM TAEHYUNG. He's that Taehyung, the one i went to school through elementary, middle school and now collage. I should've known, no ones ever that-never mind. How did I not recognize him.

Since middle school Taehyung dated Jisoo. They were the perfect couple to everyone. Girls were jealous of Jisoo and guys were jealous of Taehyung. I never seen why, they were just two people dumbly in love at a young age. Yeah they were pretty people but it never interested me. I chose to stay out of drama, that included not even listening to it if i could. They broke up a couple months back and that's news i couldn't stay away from. Ever since then Taehyung supposedly messed around with a bunch of girls and broke their hearts. But i choose not to believe it, we were best friends in elementary before he dated Irene, he would never purposely hurt someone like that.

I remember he used to go over all the time, my parents loved him. Chani played games with us too. We'd play in the attic where my dad built us a club house or hang out room before he left. We'd spend all day in there playing games. He was there for me when my dad wasn't and when no one knew how to help me, he was there. He promised he'd be there for me forever but like my dad that didn't happen. I hated him for a while until i stopped seeing him because we went to different high schools and because i realized why. He stole my hope for a better tomorrow and something more. I know he didn't hurt me because he wanted to but he did and as a kid I hurt more than i should've.

He's still as cold as ever but not the type to hurt someone like that, he just ignores what he doesn't want to hear. I don't see why everyone's so scared of him, they just got to get to know him. But he doesn't let anyone, he never has. I wonder if he remembers me, maybe that's why he's talking to me now, maybe he just mis-no, there's nothing to miss, i was weird and annoying as a kid. I'm overthinking it. But why would he ask me to sit with him, whether he remembers me or not, that's weird.