Chapter 12: Burden

Y/N's POV

As we were walking along the path, Jungkook spoke up.

Jungkook: Y/N?

I hummed as a response.

Jungkook: I've told you my reason for bringing you in my house, in return I want to know something about you.

Y/N: Yes?

Jungkook: What led you to have necrophobia?

I froze.

Come to think of it, how did he even know that I had necrophobia?

I looked at him, and our eyes met.

I saw a spark of curiosity and...... assurance in it.
Why do I feel like I can trust him?

I took a deep breath.

Y/N: It's because of a thing which happened to me when I was young. I was like 5 or 6 years old...

Jungkook was listening attentively.

Y/N: My father was murdered in front of me, along with some of the guards of our house. Those guards were really close to me. But most of all, seeing my dad getting killed in front of me was the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in my life. All these may seem normal to you but.... It's not for me.

Jungkook: It's not.

Y/N: Huh?

Jungkook: It was not normal for me too. I already told you that my sister also died because our present enemies killed her. That's why I know what you feel. So..... Don't think you're the only one.

I kept quiet.....

I thought of changing the topic.

Y/N: By the way, Yoongi and Jin are your hyungs, right? But then, I've never heard you calling them hyungs or even calling them out.

Jungkook: Yeah.... I just don't feel the need to call them.

Y/N: But you should. Socializing is good, you know! Even though I shouldn't be the one telling that.

Jungkook kept silent for a few moments before talking.

Jungkook: If that's the case...... Then..... You go first.

He said looking at me, giving me a somewhat calm look.

Y/N: Huh? Oh.... Hmmm....

I reached out for his hand as a handshake.

Y/N: I am Kim Y/N. 19 years old. I live alone and currently studying at Busan High school of Arts. Mother lives in Seoul... And I want to be an Idol. Well.... It's weird introducing myself to you even though you know pretty much everything about me...

Jungkook: My turn....

He turned to me, taking my hand and shaking it.

Jungkook: Name, Jeon Jungkook. Age, 21. Currently an undercover Boss of a Mafia gang called Bangtan Gang.......

He turned around to look at the path, and sighed.

Jungkook: Phew.... That was tough.

Y/N: Yeah right~ *sarcastically*

I chuckled.

Jungkook's right. He did change, and he's been smiling a bit lately. I'm happy to see that.

Y/N: Jungkook, can you answer a question of mine?

Jungkook hummed as a response.

Y/N: How did you know that I had necrophobia? I mean, I didn't even mention it before and nothing such happened with me before that it would give a clue to you about it.... So how?