Chapter 13: The Bad News

*Next Morning*

Jungkook's POV

I woke up in my bed and went to the bathroom to take a bath.

I went downstairs and as usual, I saw Y/N making breakfast.

Jungkook: What are you making?

She got a bit startled.

Y/N: Oh! You woke up? I was making a fruit salad.

Jungkook: Good.

Y/N: About last night.... It was fun.

Jungkook: Oh yeah, how's your ankle?

Y/N: Oh it's better, but I guess I still have a bit of difficulty in walking.

The others started coming up to us.

Jimin: What's for today's breakfast?

Y/N: See yourself~

Jimin: Fruit salad? Wow! Delicious and nutritious! Just my type! Thanks Y/N!!

Lisa: After you arrived here, our lives became easier.

Y/N: That's..... *awkward laugh*

Lisa: Oh yeah right! Today Jungkook will stay here with Y/N, and we'll go for our next mission. Also we'll be gone for nearly 2 to 3 days. So....

Jungkook: Yes, I know about that.

Lisa: You okay with that, Y/N?

Y/N: Huh? Oh yeah! As long as I don't become a burden on him, I'm fine...

She forced a smile.

Lisa: OK then, we gotta get ready. You two wait here while we get changed.

The others went to their own rooms to get changed while I looked at Y/N just to see her eating her food, quietly, a sad expression on her face.

Jungkook: Thinking on how not to be a burden on me?

Y/N: Huh? How did y-............. Yeah...............

Jungkook: No matter what, you are never a burden to anyone, at least not on anyone in this house.....

She looks up at me, with a pretty shocked face.

Y/N: I-....... T-Thank you......

Jungkook: For what?

Y/N: For making me feel a bit better.

We kept quiet when Y/N finally thought of breaking the silence.

Y/N: May I ask you something?

Jungkook: What?

Y/N: For what do you do this... You know.... This mafia thing? You don't seem like a typical mafia... And also... You must have a reason to do it, right?

Jungkook: I can't hide it for any longer so I'll just tell you.

She attentively listened to me.

Jungkook: The people whom I have killed till now...... are actually evil people behind the mask of a good person. The person whom I killed while you saw me was a rapist.

I knew what she was going to ask next, so I answered it even before she asks the question.

Jungkook: Before you ask me why I kill these people, it's because there was this person I trusted with my whole life. But all he did later was betray me. That's why I hate fake people.

Y/N: Oh.... That's good.

Jungkook: What?

Y/N: The purpose for which you are a Mafia.