fourteen - one after another

I have no idea if I will be able to update on Friday due to hurricane Dorian, I live in Florida and past hurricanes (Matthew, Irma) took out our electricity for a week and data is normally bad because every time the cell tower gets taken out.

I put my hair into a braid in the back, I can't be worrying about my hair flying every which way.

"Hey, um sorry to intrude." Wanda walked in.

"Did you get lost?" I connected my coms and put one in my ear.

"No I have something to give you." She pulled out a bracelet.

I shut my drawer. "What's that?"

"In sokovia, they gave me this bracelet as a kid to keep my enhancements under control...Pietro said you can't control it." She put it on my desk.

"A peace offering, I'm sorry for what I did to you." She gave a sad smile and walked out.

Oh god now I have to forgive her. I walked to my desk and looked at the bracelet. It was a thick silver ring thing that had a red line all the way around it.

I decided to trust her. I put the bracelet on, it sent a shock through my veins but it stopped almost instantly.

"Moment of truth." I pointed my hand at my wall.

I could either ruin my walls or actually control it for once. I focused on not making a mess, I just want a small blast.

I calmed my nerves and flicked my wrist.

"I'll be damned." I walked over to the wall, just a bit, like I wanted.

I grabbed my small bag and ran to the elevator. I hope I escape this fight with minimal wounds this Time.

• • •

Dad and Tony were near the quinjet talking. I lifted my wrist, showing what I was wearing. "Wanda gave it to me, supposed to stop my fainting and nose bleeds." I picked up one of Nat's jackets and threw it to Wanda.

"I think that's her favorite jacket." Dad was fixing his suit.

"She'll forgive me, plus I don't think she has a suit."

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor."

"I got no plans tomorrow night." Dad put a com in his ear.

"If we both live why don't we binge the hunger games?"

"What's that about?"

"Murder." I smiled.

"Lovely." Dad walked off into the quinjet.

"Hey! Don't act like you don't murder people with your eyebrows of disappointment."

"No one calls it that." He began arguing back to me.

"I do." I pulled out my phone.

Dad grabbed my phone and tossed it off the tower.

"My music!" I yelled.

"Ultron could track it."

"Listen here you stale baguette, I could have put it inside you didn't have to chuck it off the balcony like Hulk!"

He didn't reply.

"Watch your back Steven Grant Rogers." I stomped off to my seat.

• • •