Saved

The police gave to me Seokjin's mobile phone

The police gave to me Seokjin's mobile phone. They already informed his parents of what happened. I believe they will be arriving soon. I asked about Namjoon and they said that he's  under hospital arrest as he suffer some stab wounds and a head injury. I'm glad that Namjoon was under the custody of the police and Seokjin did not kill him, or at least, wasn't able to.

I looked at Seokjin sleeping on the bed. I wonder how old is he. I believe he is too young to experience this kind of cruelty. And I wonder if his parents knew something about him being with Namjoon.

I was awakened by someone tapping me on my arm. I didn't notice that I fell asleep on the couch. A fine looking man greeted me as I opened my eyes. "Are you our son's friend? You're the one who reported to the police?"

"Yes sir. I'm sorry I fell asleep." I looked at Seokjin's bed and I saw a woman crying and hugging Seokjin. He's already awake.

His mother was desperately asking for somethings but Seokjin was just silent. I gave his phone to his father before I excused myself. I need to go home and attend classes. Graduation is coming near and I can't be absent. I left him with his parents knowing that he's already safe with them.

One Week Later

I heard that Seokjin was released from the hospital. I am in contact with his brother Jimin. I was surprised that Seokjin chose to stay in the apartment instead of coming home to his family.

I paid him a visit one day after school. With a bouquet of flowers in my hand, I knocked and Jimin opened the door for me.

"He's in the bedroom." Jimin said in a low voice.

I took a peak in the bedroom and I saw his mother crying, "Jin, please don't do this to your mother. I said I'm sorry."

"Your sorry cannot bring my baby back to life. Please leave. I don't want to talk right now." I heard Seokjin said.

Soon after, his mother came out from the bed room and closed the door. She's crying. Jimin went to hug her. "He needs time eomma. I guess you better go home now. I will stay here with him."

Their mother just nods. "If he needs anything, just contact me, okay?" She hugged Jimin one more time. She glanced and smiled at me before going out of the apartment.

"I'm sorry you need to witness that. Seokjin hyung is just angry right now." Jimin said as he prepare some snacks for me.

"How is he?" I asked.

"Well, he's fine. His bruises are healing now. I know I haven't tell you yet but thank you. You saved him." Jimin smiled while serving juice and brownies. "How did you know about him?"

"I'm just from the other door. I can hear everything from my bedroom." Jimin just nods. "Jimin, I'm just curious, why Seokjin ended up with Namjoon? I mean, did he ever tell you or your parents that he was abusive?"

Jimin gave me a weak smile. "To my parents, Yes, but my parents didn't believe him. I'm too ashamed to admit but it's true, my parents were blinded by material things that Namjoon had been showering them. Namjoon is from a rich family. He was very nice at first. Maybe that's why Jin-hyung fell in love with him. But when they moved-in together, that's when it all started. He was hesitant to move in with him because he said he wants to do something for himself first. I can't remember what exactly was that. But my parents insisted. My Hyung is very obedient  so he complied to my parents wishes. My parents like Namjoon so much that they were willing to give Jin-hyung to him for wealth. I don't know what triggered Namjoon to be so abusive but hyung did tell our parents that he was beaten up. But my parents did not believe him and thought he was just making stories so he can go home. I don't know the whole story but as of now, that's all i know."

I felt bad for Jin. Maybe he was hopeless that time as he was asking for a rescue but nobody wanted to come. I felt bad that he had to live in fear everyday without someone to help him. Before, I regret on why I let myself got involved in this but after hearing his story, I guess I made the right choice. Somehow, I saved someone's life.