His Story

It's been two days since Seokjin rejected my kiss

It's been two days since Seokjin rejected my kiss. He already apologized through a text message. I don't know why he needs to. I understand but I want to understand him more.

I knocked on his apartment door. I waited for a good five minutes but nobody answered the door. I realized, maybe he was in our secret place.

I went to the park with an ice cream in my hand. I know how much Seokjin loves ice cream. And as soon as I arrived on the lake, I saw him there sitting on the same spot where we used to sit. This was the first time we saw each other after the incident.

"Hi." I greeted. He looked at me and smiled. I gave him the ice cream tub and a spoon with it.

An awkward silence followed. I think the both of us were too afraid to speak.

"I'm sorry." at last, someone broke the ice.

I took a deep breath as I looked at him. "It's okay." I smiled weakly.

"It's not that I'm not yet ready but it's just that, I don't want to." Seokjin said. His eyes bear sadness.

"What do you mean you don't want to?" I asked. Those words made me nervous.

"I'm leaving Tae."

"Leaving? Where?" My heart races.

"It's my dream to work as a chef in France. I wanted that so badly. I already applied and I got accepted. I'm just waiting for the copy of my contract and for my visa to arrive."

It's like someone splashed a bucket of water on my head. Was he really leaving?

"But you can work as a chef here in Korea. Why do you need to go to France?"

"The same answer to your father's question on why you need to work in an advertising firm instead of working for him in your own company."

He was right.

"Tae, my parents sold me to Namjoon. I haven't told you that yet." I looked at him in surprise. "Sold you?"

I nodded. "They were blinded by Namjoon's wealth. I already planned of breaking up with him because he was starting to become so possessive. I told my parents that I will pursue my career in France but they were against it."

"I was so submissive to what my parents wanted for me that I almost forgot what I really wanted for myself. I always consider their feelings first before mine. But then, Namjoon offered a big amount of cash to my parents just to let me move in with him. They gladly accepted that as if they were pushing me away. My parents used the money to pay for the mortgage of our house."

"I moved in with Namjoon even if its against my will. When I told him about my plans to work in France, he started beating me up. Almost every night even through the smallest fault, he will beat me until I lose my consciousness. He will tie me up and force me to watch him having sex with other people. I was tortured just because I am too scared to leave."

"He threatened me that if I will leave, he will retract everything from my parents. I was so scared that my parents will leave on the streets with Jimin. The reason why I endured everything."

"One day, he learned that I was pregnant. He doesn't want it. He picked up a knife in the kitchen but before he can turn around to face me, I smashed his head with a bottle and I used that knife he was holding to stab him. I was so angry that time. But between those stabbing, he was able to kick me on my stomach. But I managed to come back and stab him again. I already felt pain in my stomach that's why I rushed in your room. But I am also thinking about how I killed Namjoon."

"I lost my baby. I lost my dream of becoming a chef. I lost myself. But I'm glad you're there to help me pick everything up. You just don't know how grateful I am for having you in my lowest." He smiled at me.

I held his hand and put it on my chest. "I love you Seokjin. Why don't you try it with me?"

"But I'm leaving soon Taehyung." Tears began leaving his eyes.

"Do you like me?" I asked, i can also feel my tears building up.

"I don't like you Tae. I think.. I think I already love you."

"Then why don't you try loving me first?"

"But Tae I said I..."

But before he can even speak, I pulled him to me and captured his lips.