Pride

Last night was one of the best nights to remember

Last night was one of the best nights to remember. We watched a movie, ate dinner and went back home at midnight.

Today, after work, I've decided to meet my dad. I know that I will be swallowing my pride but this is the last ace I have to make Seokjin stay in Korea or possibly, make him come back sooner.

"So what made you come and see me?" My father said as I sat across him. I went to his office to ask for a huge favor.

"Dad, can you just give me the hotel in Incheon?" I know I am too stupid to ask for a huge thing, especially something that I don't have any idea of how to run the business.

My dad's eyes widened. His mouth agape. "How can you ask for it like you're just asking for a toy? I can't give it to you just like that."

"Dad please? Just give me the management. Or the hotel restaurant at least." I don't know anything about running this kind of business but I am too desperate. My time with Seokjin is nearing to end. It's all or nothing.

"Seokjin right?" My father knew it. "The last time you asked for an apartment, it's because of your boyfriend. I bet this is all about Seokjin now."

I went silent. It's true.

"Taehyung look, you need to think hard first before making a big decision. You're giving your all to a guy and in the end, you will end up with nothing. I cannot give the hotel to you just like that. You're not even interested in working for my company. You even refused to go back home. Then now you will come to me asking for the hotel like asking for a toy? It's not like that Taehyung."

"Dad.. Seokjin is leaving." I can't help it, I need to say it.

"Leaving? What do you mean leaving?"

"He's going to France to be a chef. He said it's his dream to work in a luxury hotel in France. I'm just thinking if I can have the management of the hotel or the hotel restaurant, he might consider working for us instead."

My father smirked at me, "Tae look, there are many luxury hotels in Korea. There are many high end restaurants here. If he wants to work here, he have so many options. But he chose to work in France. Can't you understand that decision Taehyung? Because that's what he wanted for himself. Not here in Korea, not in Japan, not in China, he wants it in France. So even if I give you the hotel or the restaurant, I don't think that will change his mind."

Silence. I don't know what to say. That's exactly what Seokjin told me.

"I want to at least try dad." I said, head bowed down, looking miserable, my pride forgotten.

My father le out a deep loud sigh. "Here you go again son. Making decisions without pondering about it. Just because of love. But okay, I will give you a chance. The management is still with me but I will let Seokjin work there. I will place you in the administration department. I can't just give it to you like that. You need to learn how to run this kind of business first. Soon, once you have proven yourself, I will give it all to you. So what do you think?" My father smiled at least giving me a little piece of hope.

I nodded, "Thank you dad. I promise to do my best. And I'm sorry it has to come to this. I just want to prove to him that he don't need to go anywhere just to chase his dreams. I want to prove to him that staying here with me is enough."

He stood up and walked towards me, sitting on the chair in front of mine. "Taehyung, I hope one day, you will at least give time to love yourself. You're making decisions for others just to make them stay. You should at least think of the consequences first. You're deciding for something that you think will make you happy but you always end up alone and empty. Love is not always the answer Taehyung."

Why does it hurt? Was it because it's true? Giving my all to others then end up with nothing but pain? But that's what it's all about. Trying. At least I tried.