Selfless - Final

Saturday

Saturday. I think i sleep well last night. The pill that I took still has an effect as I am still groggy when I woke up.

It's 7 in the morning.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I looked beside me, wishing Seokjin was still there, sleeping soundly and snoring softly. But he's not there anymore. I heard some noise outside, still feeling heavy, I went out. I looked at the corner of the living room and his luggages were not there anymore.

"Goodmorning." Jimin greeted. He was in the kitchen placing Seokjin's kitchenwares and utensils in a big box. There were several boxes in the living area too. All of the small vases and frames were gone. Maybe Jimin already put them in the box. "Seokjin hyung cooked breakfast before he left. He told me to wait for you until you wake up. You eat it."

For real? He really took some time to cook breakfast for me? It still feels like I'm dreaming, I still wish he's just inside the bathroom and will come out soon.

"Hyung, he wants me to give this letter to you." Jimin smiled as he handed me an envelope. I opened it and a paper was folded neatly inside.

Taehyung,

I did not wake you up because you said you don't want to see me leave. Please know that I kissed my favorite moles before I left. I will miss that.

I will not tell you to wait for me. You're free to do whatever you wish. But if you want to wait for me, I think I will be really happy. And please, always be happy.

Thank you Tae for being selfless. Thank you for letting me try to fulfill my dreams. Thank you for your patience and love. But most of all, thank you for being the best person for me. I love you Tae. Take good care of yourself. Till we meet again.

I will come back, I promise.

Seokjin

I thought I already cried all my tears but I think there's still plenty of it left. My heart felt so heavy as reality sets in that Jin had already left. I felt Jimin's hand patting my back. And before I knew it, I fell into his arms crying my heart out. I don't know how long or how loud I cried. The pain was just too much.

My Seokjin.

The afternoon breeze was so calming and I found myself sitting at the park facing the lake. This was our favorite place. Here, we spent the whole day just looking at nowhere, enjoying the view, laughing at silly jokes and eating ice cream. Even without talking, just him beside me made me forget about time.

Today, I'm sitting here with a small box in my hand. I opened it and the diamond ring glistened by the light of the afternoon sky. I took it and place it on the palm of my hand. I'm so excited to place this on to Seokjin's finger. This will look beautiful on him. As I place this ring around his finger, I wanted to let him know how much I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.

But i guess this ring and my vows have to wait a little longer. Because for now, Seokjin was gone out there chasing his dreams. The dreams that will make him happy and complete. He deserves to be happy. He deserves it. All I have right now is his word that he will come back for me.

"Taehyung! Mom's waiting." My dad called. I'm coming back home. Like what he said to me, I need to think on what I really want to do with my life. Putting myself first before others. It's true, I loved others too much that I forgot to save some for myself.

For now, I will do something that he wanted me to do. And that's to love myself so I can love him entirely and completely.

THE END