Decisions

After Six Months

After Six Months

"Why don't you come back home? Your mom misses you." My father said. After a year of not talking, we meet again.

"Dad, I think I already love living on my own. Besides, I'm using the money you're sending to my account wisely. I'm still studying and will graduate soon." I reasoned.

"You already love living your own or you can't swallow your pride?" Somehow, my father was right. "Well, if you feel like going home, our door is always open to welcome you back. I think i shall go now. I will visit you again soon."

My father gave me a hug as he walks towards the front door. I opened the door for him but was surprised when I saw Seokjin like he's about to knock.

"Hi!" Seokjin greets me with his chubby cheeks smile. But his face instantly turned serious when he saw my father coming from my back.

"Dad, this is Seokjin. He's my friend and neighbor." I introduced him to my father who then shakes his hand.

"Nice to meet you Seokjin." Dad eyed Seokjin's face. "I would like to know you more but I really need to go now. See you again soon."

Jin just smiled at my dad. "Come in."

"I brought dinner. I cooked sweet and sour pork and rice. You want to eat it on the park? I know a place there where you can relax." Maybe he noticed my gloomy face.

The truth, all I want right now is to lie down on my bed but I simply can't say no to Seokjin's requests. I grabbed my jacket and went with him.

While walking our way to the park. "This is the first time I saw your father." Seokjin said while looking at me. I know he noticed that I've been so quiet.

"He visited. After more than a year." I said reluctantly.

"One year? Is he abroad?" Jin curiously asked.

"No, I left home." I said.

Jin walked faster when he saw the trail of amber colored lights. I lost sight of him when he turned to the right and the plants blocked my view. I followed his trail and  I was amazed when I saw the place Jin was referring to. It was a lake inside the park. The amber lights made the atmosphere very relaxing.

 The amber lights made the atmosphere very relaxing

"It's beautiful here." I smiled as I looked at the lake.

"It is! And i hope to see more of that." He said. I looked at him curiously. "More lakes?"

"No. More of your smile. You looked more handsome when you smile."

I laughed, "You stole my line."

"No Tae. Seriously, I don't want to see you that sad that's why I got worried when I saw you earlier." Jin sat down on the plant box surrounding the lake as he handed me a lunchbox and spoon.

I sat beside him. "Dad's convincing me to come home." I said.  Seokjin did not say anything making me turn my head to him. I saw him keenly staring at me, waiting for my stories. "But I refused."

"Why? You're not in good terms with each other?"

"No. Stupid decisions." I let out a laugh, like a stupid laugh for my stupidity. "I moved in to that apartment with my boyfriend. My parents were against the guy because they said he doesn't look serious about me and just using me because of money. You know, I was young. I really do not care about anything. I am too fixated over him like everything revolves around him, that I can't live without him. I even bought him a car using my educational fund. Stupid wasn't it?" I laughed.

"But he left me for another man. With the car." I laughed again and continued, "My parents learned about it just few months ago and started to reach out to me. Convincing me to come home. But I like it this way now. Living alone. You know, freedom. But I'm glad my parents are very understanding."

"Did you regret it? I mean what happened to you?" He asked.

"No. I mean, why would I regret it? It's my choice. I chose to be stupid because of love. But I learned. You'll never know that your decisions are wrong if you will not try doing them right? At least I'm wiser now. So no regrets."

Seokjin smiled at me. His face being highlighted by the amber lights made him even more beautiful. I wonder if i'll make a right choice if I decided to confess my feelings for him.