Chapter Fourteen

"Hi," Carl says, smiling, when we pull apart. I smile back.

"Hi," I say. "Do you want to go and take Judith out again. It's warm out." I link hands with him and we walk over to the living room at the end of the floor. Beth is reading to baby Judith.

"We're gonna take her out again," he tells Beth. I lift her up and blow a raspberry on her tummy so that she giggles a lot. I used to do the same thing to Sammy and she giggled the same way.

We walk out of the prison and we sit down at the same spot as last time.

"So... what happened after I went for breakfast?" he asks. "With your mom?"

"I... well... um," I stammer. "She was convinced that something happened... you know... between us." I say looking at the ground. "She said that she was moving me out of our cell. She pretty much said she didn't trust me." I continue, embarrassed. I sneak a look at him and he's looking at the ground as well.

"Okay..." he says. Judith starts fussing for attention and I rock her as she points at the birds and clouds.

"She's adorable." I say, more to myself than Carl. I get a real sense of de javu and I realize that I said almost the exact same thing the last time.

Carl smiles and leans in to kiss me. He kisses Judith on the top of her head. We decide to lay down on the grass. I rest my head on Carl's chest and I lay Judith on my stomach.

To begin with, everything is silent, apart from the distant moans of reanimated corpses. We pretend that we don't hear them. Then the conversations broke out. Judith began to snore softly. Carl and I babbled about nothing and everything. It felt as if we were, in some way, ment to be together.

_________________________

Sorry for the chapter being so short, but I'm having some writer's block. Also I'm working on another story, a Hunger Games fanfiction. Check it out once it's published.

I have to say as well, that I've just went back to school so I won't be able to upload as much. Sorry again, guys.

-Just in case you're wondering why I changed the name and cover of the story, I thought this one would work better.