Part XII

Int. James office. Rashad's sitting at the desk impatiently waiting.

(Enter Charles)

CHARLES: Well what-do-you-know, the results are in.

RASHAD: You had the lab rush results for a procedure that should take more than ten minutes?

CHARLES: Well I I saw you pacing back and forth so I figured I'd help you out.

RASHAD: I was pacing because I was putting together a list of all the injunctions that I'll be filing against you and everyone else who played a roll in keeping me here today.

CHARLES: Injunctions?

RASHAD: That's right.

CHARLES: And how do you plan on filing those injunctions behind bars?

RASHAD: Considering I did not lay a finger on my wife, I'll be doing it from behind my desk.

CHARLES: Oh, really?

RASHAD: Yeah, really.

CHARLES: I know how you lawyers are big on proof so I got some here for you.

(Drops envelope on the desk and opens it up for Rashad to read)

Now with that being said,

(Takes Out handcuff)

You are under arrest. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, which I'm sure you'd be able to, the court will appoint one for you.

RASHAD: This is a joke.

CHARLES: Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?

RASHAD: Yeah, I got it.

CHARLES: Good.

(Walks Rashad out of the office and directs another officer to bring him to the holding cell)

RASHAD: I'm gonna own this place when I get through with you.

CHARLES: Is that a threat Mr. Smith?

RASHAD: Fuck you!

CHARLES: Well that's just down right mean. Take him away, Jim.

(The officer leads Rashad to a holding cell. Troy is in the cell, but Rashad is too angry to notice anything or anyone around him. Troy looks at Rashad and immediately recognizes him. The officer locks cell and leave. Rashad sits with his back turned to Troy, facing the door that the officer walked through)

RASHAD: I want my phone call! I know my rights!

TROY: I thought that was your lil bitch ass!

(Rashad looks over his shoulder at Troy)

RASHAD: What?

TROY: You heard me.

RASHAD: Brother, I don't know who the hell you are.

TROY: Is that right?

RASHAD: Look man, I don't have time for this?

TROY: Don't act like you don't know who the fuck I am! You ruined my life!

RASHAD: What are you talking about?

(He fully turns towards Troy)

Don't tell me they put me in a cell with a crack head.

TROY: That's not what you're bitch was calling me last night.

(Dismissing him)

RASHAD: They got me in a cell with a delusional crack head.