Part XIV

INT. Troy's studio apartment. Toni hands him a glass of water.

TROY: Ahhh!

(Throws the glass across the room)

It's a warp when I see his bitch ass again! It's over for him! And you better not say shit either!

TONI: Troy, calm down. You're in no position to fight anyone.

(Deadly tone)

TROY: Who said anything about fighting?

(Catching the hint)

TONI: But—

(Walks towards her)

TROY: But what?!

(She backs up until her back is against a wall)

TONI: I'm sorry. It's just that, I don't think I'll be able to bail you out if you did something like that. And Rashad—

(Slams his fist on the wall near her head)

TROY: Don't ever mention that fucking name in my presence. Matter of fact

(Steps aside)

Get out!

TONI: Excuse me?

TROY: You heard what I said. You've served your purpose. You can go now.

TONI: And What purpose was that?

(He moves away from her and doesn't respond)

What was my purpose, Troy?

(He leans against the kitchen sink and replies coldly)

TROY: Money. You and your bitch ass husband took everything from me. I was gonna be great but I lost all of that fucking with you. Don't worry, we even now. My bank account is fat so I'm good.

(Toni starts to tear up. She walks over to the table that she laid her purse on and opens it. She takes out a tissue)

TONI: So you were using me this whole time?

TROY: You left me in the hospital for dead to marry that asshole. You didn't think I was gonna want my revenge?

TONI: I did everything for you!

(She throws the tissue she wiped her nose with at him)

You made me tell Rashad that you were dead! You made me—

TROY: Toni, you're a big girl. I didn't make you do that shit. You choose to.

TONI: But I loved you! Why are you saying these things?

TROY: Love?

(Laughs)

Sweetheart, you're a sociopath, you have no idea what it means to love anyone.

(Toni runs towards the bathroom and locks the door behind her. She turns on the faucet.  Troy grabs Toni's wallet from her open purse. He pulls her ID out and takes a picture of it then put it back. He walks over to the bathroom door and knocks)

Hey, T...

(Toni turns the faucet off. She's staring at herself in the mirror. Not a tear on her face)

Look you gotta go. I got shit to do.

(The look on her face turns deadly)

End scene.