Part XVI

Ext. Rashad's house. He was able to get a taxi outside of the police station. It pulls up in his circular driveway. He gets out and pays the driver.

DRIVER: Thank you, Sir. Have a good night.

(Rashad nods his head in acknowledgment. The driver pulls off and he turns to go into his house. He reaches in his pocket for the keys, but then notices that the front door is already open. He enters the house full of rage)

RASHAD: Toni!! Get you're deceitful ass down here!

(Silence. He walks over to the bar in the room and pours himself a shot)

Toni!!

(Takes a shot. The shadow of a man emerges, however Rashad doesn't notice. He silently watches Rashad.

TROY: Once a lil bitch, always a lil bitch!

(Rashad is startled)

I told you I've been banging your bitch of a wife and the first thing you do when you get home is call for her?

(Chuckles)

You really are pathetic.

RASHAD: What the fuck are you doing in my house?

TROY: You better watch how you speak to me, home boy.

(Pulls gun out)

I told you I was going to pop your ass.

RASHAD: Then what the fuck are you waiting for?

(Troy cocks the gun the gun, ready to shoot. Rashad throws the glass he was holding at Troy's head. He ducks and the glass hits the wall, shattering. A few pieces hitting Troy's face. He drops the gun in agony. Rashad hops over the bar and tackles Troy into a wall. They both groan in pain. Troy gathers enough strength to slowly crawl towards the gun he dropped. Rashad realizing what Troy is doing tries to grab his leg, but Troy manages to kick Rashad in the face, causing him to let go of Troy's foot. Knowing that if he doesn't get up his life is over, Rashad pulls himself up off the floor. By the time he is able to stand, Troy has reached the gun. Still on the floor he turns on his back and points the gun at Rashad. He shoots. The bullet hits Rashad in the leg. He falls down.

TROY: Bitch.

(Troy pulls himself up and lumps over to Rashad)

You don't you how long I've been waiting for this day.

(He starts kicking Rashad's seemingly lifeless body. When he tires himself out he points the gun at Rashad and fires again. Hitting him the the stomach. Troy smiles victoriously. He pints the gun at Rashad's head, pulls the trigger, but the gun jams)

What the fuck?!

(He drops the gun)

TONI: Aw, that's too bad.

TROY: Toni?

(She walks from the the dark kitchen into the room. The moonlight shining through the window illuminates her face. Troy looks like he's seen a ghost)

TROY: You were standing there the whole time?

TONI: That's not important.

(She walks past him to go to Rashad's body)

What's important is, you've just made me one rich widow.

(Bends down beside her husband)

I'm sure you have many questions, but to sum it all up you were right. I don't give a fuck about you, him, or anyone else for that matter. I tried. I really tried to love you both, but you insisted on making a fool out of me. You and every fucking whore you came across on your away games back in college, and Rashad and that bitch Isis. Especially on my wedding day. I guess you were right, Troy.

TROY: About what?

TONI: I just might be a sociopath.

(Chuckles)

TROY: Nah, bitch. You're beyond that.

TONI: Right again! 'Cause I just got you to kill this man and I didn't even have to raise a finger. I made you do my dirty work. Just took your dumb ass long enough.

TROY: What the hell are you talking about?

TONI: There's not enough time for me to explain. But just know that you would've had a chance to make it out alive tonight, if you didn't piss me off earlier.

TROY: You truly are a fucking psycho.

TONI: Yep. One that doesn't like being played. I told you not to cross me.

(She quickly grabs the gun and shots. Hitting Troy right in the head. She turns to Rashad and watches his gasp for breath)

Oh, and by the way. I had an abortion. I'm not sure who the father would've been but that's not important. Motherhoods was just not meant for me.

(She wipes the gun down and placed it on top of Rashad. Gets up and walks out of the front door. The sounds of police sirens approaching)

End Scene.