Part XIII

INT. Strip club. Neon lights flashing all around. Don is sitting at the bar, his tie loose. Two empty shot glasses before him and a full glass in his hand.

JASON: Long day?

DON: What gave it away?

(Throws his drink back and signals for another)

JASON: Maybe because this is the fourth glass I'm going to pour you.

(Puts the glass down and sighs)

DON: I think I fucked up, Jason.

JASON: What do you mean?

(Don struggles to find the words)

Hey, if you can't tell your bartender, then who can you tell?

(Whispers)

DON: I fucked my client.

JASON: ... Rashad's gonna kill you.

DON: I know!

JASON: Was it good?

DON: Huh?

JASON: If the pussy was good then you shouldn't be so mad at yourself.

(Don nods yes)

My man!

DON: Try explaining that logic to Rashad.

JASON: Nah, that boy got a temper. I say don't tell him anything. Where is he by the way? It's not like him to miss happy hour.

DON: Oh, um, he had some things to take care of at the office.

(Changes the subject)

Let me get another drink!

JASON: This the last one for the night, then I'm calling you a cab.

DON: Alright, cool.

(Jason goes off to serve another customer. He takes his wallet out to pay his tab, puts the money on the counter and picks up his drink. Someone from behind smacks him in the head)

Yo! What the hell?

(Turns around to see Jayda, Danielle and Alex)

JAYDA: What the hell did you do?

DON: You just spilled this shit all over me!

ALEX: Where's Toni?

DON: How the hell am I supposed to know that? Isn't that lying witch your friend?

DANIELLE: Watch your mouth!

DON: I didn't say bitch, I would never call that ho out of her name. Oops.

ALEX: Do you think this is a joke?

DON: Does it looks like I'm laughing?

JAYDA: Seriously Don, Where's Toni?

DON: Is this stupid question hour? I. Don't. Know.

DANIELLE: Okay. Then what the hell did you and Rashad do to scare her away?

DON: I don't speak to her and I'm one hundred percent sure that Rashad haven't spoken to her either.

JAYDA: This doesn't make any sense. Where did she go? She surly wasn't in the room.

ALEX: She never passed us in the lobby.

DANIELLE: She knew Rashad was gonna get arrested, so why the hell would she run? It doesn't make any sense.

DON: She what? What the fuck are you talking about? James only said he was going to be questioned.

DANIELLE: Well he's in a cell. I made sure his abusive ass wouldn't get away with what he did.