V: Seventeen Flyers With Wings

❝One man with a gun can control one hundred without one.❞
—Vladimir Lenin

We're a little more than a week into our new training, and I already know it will be the best month here. What does this training revolve around? One of my favorite things about being a soldier: weapons.

It's been weird, I guess. Throughout our entire time here, we weren't allowed to have weapons on us; we'd be fucked if some North Korean soldiers started strutting around our base because of our lack of inability to defend ourselves. Chul never gave an explanation of why he took all our guns, and no one was brave enough to question him. But with the start of this new training, Chul has granted us the honor of wielding weapons once more. And boy, do I love these new weapons.

On the first day of our new training unit, we were lined up in front of a large, locked-up building that Chul and Daeshim wouldn't even let us look at for too long. After giving us a big lecture about rules and responsibilities we have ("Tone down your astronomical stupidity, fuck nuggets," Chul said), Daeshim unlocked the building using his handprint. Behind the large doors was everything we had been dreaming of: an enormous arsenal with hundreds of weapons hung on the walls, on stands, and behind glass. Guns, explosives, and things I don't even know the name of.

We've been told that the AC has access to the most advanced weapons available, and we've not been disappointed. After another quick reminder to not shoot each other and act like responsible soldiers, Chul introduced us to the most basic weapon we will all have: a TFX Brexton Fully Automatic Assault Rifle with a 6.32mm caliber, or as we all simply call it, a TFX.

God, am I glad to have a gun back in my hands.

Because the TFX has a strap, we're easily able to carry it over our shoulder around, which we are instructed to do. While it is like most other rifles, it has some special features that normal soldiers do not have with their guns. For example, the magazine is larger, allowing it to hold one hundred bullets — that's more than three times the number a normal rifle can hold. In addition, these bullets can fire much faster when it is on spray mode. Of course, like many rifles made nowadays, it has a selective fire, meaning you can switch from different modes: single shot, which fires only one bullet; burst, which fires five bullets in a row; spray, which continues firing until the magazine is empty.

But the most intriguing feature of the gun lies within the design of the bullet. The bullet is made incredibly strong and penetrating. Combine that with the incredible fire-power of the gun and you get a bullet that can go through a wall! Or more preferably, a person. The goal is to be able to shoot enemies through barriers or to shoot down multiple enemies with a single bullet. Highly dangerous, and highly difficult to control.

After being introduced to the gun, we were taken out to the field where a shooting range was set up. Peggy got knocked to her ass by the unexpected firepower of the gun! We had to get used to taking in the recoil without our aim shifting. Yeah, I understand why these guns aren't distributed to normal soldiers — they wouldn't be able to operate it efficiently!

These aren't the only things we've been introduced to. There are, of course, even more advanced weapons that are not available for our entire unit. For example, the KJS Boxer Rifle. There are only about one hundred of these available for the entire American army because of how hard it is to make. Only the most skilled soldiers get to use it. What's so special about it? Well, it locks on its target and literally follows it. Around corners, behind walls, and across oceans. The bullet, in a way, has intelligence! It can even curve around objects that might interrupt its path to the target. As I said, there aren't many in existence, and we had to take turns trying out the one that Chul had from his personal gun supply.