XXI: Four Escaped and One Captured

❝You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. I'll give you the moon.❞
—George Bailey

It has been a little less than a week since our failed mission. As could be expected, spirits are low. While the injured are making slow recoveries, a dark cloud hangs over us, showering us in memories of the twenty-two soldiers who died. It's like a thick fog, cutting off our air and filling our lungs with heavy lead instead.

The goal was to stop the communication hackers, but nothing changed. We're still facing a lot of challenges to make send over radio messages.

John says Eaton was furious when he found out about the failed mission. He went off on Washington for sending us soldiers out on such a foolish mission. He ridiculed him for not seeing through Nikolai's lies. He threatened to replace Washington.

And Washington accepted the President's harshness with a nod and an apology.

I smile at the thought of Washington bending the knee to his superior. While it may not bring back those twenty-two soldiers, it at least means he knows what he did was stupid.

Too bad we can't go back and change it.

John, as he always does, lets me in on information I shouldn't know: Thomas Castle is gone.

Thomas Castle, the Commander in Cheif of the British Military, is nowhere to be found. He disappeared one night and no one knows what happened. Of course, this information has been hidden from the public; if the British people knew this, they'd combust into a panic! For the sake of tranquility and organization, this disappearance is a secret only the highest military officers know.

The Commanders of many countries, including Washington, have agreed to send AC troops on search missions. Such a prestigious officer like Castle can't be left in the dust. Not only is he valuable, but it would be another slap to the face. How can we possibly give the Voynas another win? The Allies will look pathetic if they successfully kill off Castle.

So John suspects Washington will send us somewhere to look for Castle. Where? He doesn't know yet. As for now, I'm just trying to keep a clear mind as I spend my afternoon with Alexander and John in the center of camp with a couple of other soldiers.

I've recovered from my initial withdrawal after the mission and I've returned to my normal self, relaxing with two very important men.

Well, we were trying to just relax... then Lee passed by and John couldn't help but throw an insult at him. Of course, Lee retorted with his own crude comment, and so it continues to go...

"We kicked your ass in the Revolution, and we could do it again if we wanted to!" John shouts.

"Try us, bloody cunt," Lee hisses. "You'll go back to praising the Royal Family."

"Your King can suck our ass," John bites back. "He doesn't do shit but sit on a gold throne. You're lucky America is involved in this fuckin' war or Russia would be up your dicks a week in."

"You're bloody kidding me?" Lee laughs. "Your head is far up your ass, bent."

"You fuckin' Brits don't do shit! We're the only thing standin' in the way between you and Ivanovich's nukes."

"Cor blimey. Quite the inflated ego," Lee scoffs. "Don't forget it's your country that started this bloody war. You should be happy other countries are bound to you by NATO. If it were up to me, Britain would have stayed out of the war!"

"Righ',' John raises a brow. "I think I would have you limeys out of the war as well. It would be nice to kick your ass. How the hell does the British Commander even get jacked?!"