#2 || Dream day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next day*

-Vernon's POV-

Today was the time where the members can go out and enjoy the city we came to the concert. Toronto is a pretty calming and lovely place; I love the weather here and all the people since they are very polite. However, to be quite honest, I don't have any plans on my mind; Minghao-hyung told me that he wanted to go out, but he didn't say much after that. Maybe he already has plans.

As I'm listening to some music on my phone, Minghao came out of the bathroom looking fresher. He looks like he is going somewhere.

-Vernon – He called my name.

-Hey! You look ready for a hang out – I smiled.

-It's cold outside, I need to protect myself – He grinned before sitting in front of me. -You should get ready too – Minghao told.

-Why, hyung? I don't have plans – I shared.

-Well, now you have – Minghao stood up and pulled me up from the bed, we went towards the closet and he took out some of my clothes; he was checking what I would wear for today. Then he gave me the clothes and pushed me inside the bathroom.

-I'll give you time to change – He said from behind the door.

I chuckled softly. -Alright – I said.

I began to change, then I fixed my hair and got ready to go out with Minghao. This is quite surprising to me since I thought he wanted to be with Jun today... they've been talking a lot lately, I mean, they always. Both of them are best friends and they are becoming closer after such a heavy time they had in the past; however, I start to feel itchy about it and I don't want to admit that I'm starting to get jealous.

I got out of the bathroom and went over to Minghao; he looked at me happily before taking his stuff with him.

-Let's get going! – He smiled.

*Hours later*

We've been walking for hours around the streets of Toronto. We took the subway; we ate some delicious food and we drank the best coffee ever, then we concluded our day by going to the mall and shopping for each other and the members. Everything is going so well; we've been laughing all day as we see different things around the city, which came handy for Hao since he started to take photos of everything. We made such good memories together and on the way, we found some Carats; they were so sweet and they helped us out to pick the best place to have a nice walk together.

Right now, we are walking peacefully inside one of the parks from Toronto; the day is starting to get darker which is making the lights reflect beautifully. Hao looks happy while walking next to me; I'm glad he's having such a good time.

-Vernon, are you sure you are okay? It's starting to get cold – Minghao spoke.

-Yeah, don't worry, hyung! When I start to get cold, I'll put on my jacket – I smiled.

-Okay. I just don't want you to catch a cold~ - He said cutely.

-I won't – I said before we sat down on a bench together.

We looked at the beautiful scenery in front of us while Hao started to hum happily.

-Thank you for coming with me; I thought you wouldn't come – He spoke.

-Why? – I asked.

-I believed you had other plans with the members... that's why – Minghao shared.

-Even if I did, I would have still come with you – I told.

-That's nice of you to say, Vernon – Minghao smiled, then he sighed and looked away from me. -Can I tell you something? – He asked.

-Anything – I said.

-I'm happier ever since we started to hang out more; I don't know but I enjoy my time even more – Minghao said sincerely.

-I enjoy my time with you too, hyung. I'm happy we feel the same way – I smiled.

We stood in silence for some seconds, until, I felt Hao's hand on top of mine. I looked at him surprised and right before I knew it, he was centimetres away from my face.

-Hyung... -I murmured.

He got closer to me but I just looked away.

-Oh, did I do something wrong? – He asked.

-No, no I'm sorry – I said while pressing his hand gently.

-So, what is it? Don't you feel the same? – Minghao questioned.

-Hyung is not that – I said while looking at him.

-So, tell me what it is – He spoke.

-I, I just don't know if you already moved on from Jun – I stuttered.

-You know I did, why are you doubting? – He asked surprised, almost upset.

-I heard you talking with Wonwoo last night... you asked him about Jun again – I disclosed.

-Hmm, he's my friend and I'm concerned since he isn't doing well without Zhen – He assured.

Minghao patted my hand before getting apart from me, he smiled and then got up from the bench.

-Let's get going before the members start to worry – He told.

-Yeah, good idea – I stood up and grinned. -Or before the manager finds out we aren't at the hotel – I said.

-Good point – Minghao nodded.

*Back at the hotel*

We are inside the room. A few minutes ago, we changed our clothes and now we are ready to have some nice sleep; the manager didn't discover we weren't here on time and the members didn't say anything to him since we bought them presents. How convenient.

Right now, I'm laying down on the bed while surfing through social media. I was feeling sleepy but after what happened with Minghao, I couldn't help but keep on staring at my phone.

-Hey – Minghao said as he walked towards me.

-Hey – I sighed as I placed my phone on the bedside table.

-Do you think we can talk about what happened? – He asked.

-Sure – I inhaled.

-I honestly like you a lot... I don't know how to describe what I feel every time I'm with you but, it's something that makes me feel happy – Minghao shared. -I don't know how you feel about me but... I don't want to ruin our friendship – He stuttered.

I smiled before patting the space next to me. He came over and laid down beside me, I just looked at him before cluttering his hair.

-Thank you for being honest with me – I told. -I feel the same way but I didn't want to tell you before because I thought you were still into Jun – I admitted.

-No, not anymore... I know he's happy now with someone else and that I was just being obsessed with something that could never happen. I think I never noticed what I was missing – He said before taking my hand.

He placed his head on my shoulder before kissing my cheek.

-Do you want to try? – I asked while looking at him.

He nodded. -I trust you, and I want to start over with you – Minghao smiled.

-Alright, I'll protect you from now on, hyung – I said before embracing him.

-I wish I fell for you first – He whispered near my ear while hiding his face against my shoulder.