#22 || Unclear future

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Trenton, New Jersey]

*After the concert*

-Jun's POV-

We thought that our energy wouldn't last after the night we had, but because it was way triumphant and emotional, everybody was jumping and celebrating on the way to the hotel. It was exciting to see everybody having a fun time on stage; the nerves went away the minute we saw how the fans were enjoying the performances, and the end of the concert was what sealed everything to us. It was an emotional time, some of us cried, others laughed, and those things were the ones that made the night so special.

When we arrived at the hotel, everybody went directly to Cheol's room. We talked about the night, the memorable parts, and the things we could improve for the next stages, and we also celebrated a little bit more before calling it a night. The leader, also let us know the following activities for tomorrow and asked us to do the luggage tonight before going to sleep. The talk kept on going since everybody started to say some words about the great night we had, and after that, everybody went to their rooms.

Currently, I'm organizing my clothes and putting them inside the suitcase. Minghao was in front of me doing the same thing, and I could tell that he was amused. I cleared out my throat to capture his attention, he just chuckled and kept on putting his clothes away, but then I threw a pillow at him, which instantly made him look at me.

-Yah! – He laughed before throwing the pillow back.

-You look happy. – I teased.

-Of course, I am. Aren't you? – Minghao asked.

-I am, but you look happier. – I smiled.

He nodded. –Guanyu congratulated me after the concert was over; he said that everybody did great and that he was proud. – Minghao disclosed.

-That's awesome! He's a very kind guy. – I said happily. –I guess contacting him wasn't a bad thing, after all. Huh? – I questioned.

-Yeah, it wasn't. – Minghao smiled slightly.

-Hmm, something else is on your mind. Right? – I asked.

-Well, I might be just a bit concerned about Vernon, that's all. – Minghao admitted.

-Why? – I answered, confused.

-I feel that I'm cheating on him. And I don't know why. – He disclosed.

-Wow, that's new. – I said, surprised.

He nodded while closing his suitcase. –I guess I do care about him. –He said.

-Of course, you do. He's your teammate. – I told him.

-Yes, but I feel that I still have feelings for him. – Minghao sighed.

I closed my suitcase and placed it against the wall, and then I sat next to him before patting his back.

-Have you talked about this with him? – I asked.

He shook his head. –I don't know how to tell him. I bet he still is upset about what I did, and not only that, maybe he is disappointed with the way I acted back then. – Minghao said.

-Everything you said is genuine, but if you want to get back with him at some point, you should first consider healing yourself. – I told him. –You had been suffering too, and I want you to be in a safe place before making any decision on that level. – I sincerely said.