#16 || The right to be...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Vancouver, Canada]

*Time later*

-Vernon's POV-

The arrival wasn't so bad, but it still felt odd and confusing for me. I'm aware that I was the one to make the rules, the one that wanted "space" just to think about the next move to make, and the dude who got enraged by something that now my ex-boyfriend kept in secret. And knowing that, doesn't make me feel good at all. Sometimes I believe that I was responsible for the stuff that happened in between us because I have to admit that I was putting a bit of pressure on his shoulders, but on the other side, I think he has some responsibility for this too.

Even though I see him as the "bad one" in this, I feel that Jun is right in many things. And sometimes I want to be with him and just feel him close again, but then I remember the things he did just to gain attention from Jun and the others. I was so hurt.

Right now, everybody is inside one of the rooms. Jun and Zhenya aren't here since this is only about the roommates and how everything will work out for the rest of the tour within it. Currently, I'm sharing rooms with Wonwoo which I adore; he's a great friend and we have a lot of fun together, but now I wonder who will be with me next.

For the time being, we've been talking and listening to everything that the leader had to say. But I've been noticing that Minghao is goofing around and staying very close to some of the members, specifically with Hoshi and Mingyu. I don't know; I don't like that one bit.

-You look as if you wanted to murder someone – DK whispered as I was eyeing Minghao.

His head is on Hoshi's shoulder while they are listening to Seungcheol.

-What? No, no, what are you talking about? – I questioned while shaking my head over. –Pay attention before the leader scolds us – I spoke while looking back at Seungcheol.

DK just chuckled slightly before paying attention as well.

-Well, we are making this dynamic because changes are good, and due to the lovebirds last week, I think we need to make them have their time – Seungcheol told.

The members laugh a bit before he continued. –The changes will be displayed this way; Woozi with Mingyu, Dino with Wonwoo, and Seokmin will be with me. Then, Vernon is going to be with Seungkwan, Joshua with Jeonghan, and finally The8 with Hoshi – Seungcheol disclosed. –Any questions? – He asked.

-No – Everybody said.

-Take your luggage and go to the respective rooms that I told at the beginning of this meeting, and let's go, Seventeen! – Seungcheol smiled before everybody stood up.

-Isn't it incredible? – I questioned upset.

-What? That Hoshi and The8 get some time together? It is, they seem close – DK chuckled.

-Ugh, don't help them – I said upset.

He chuckled. –Listen, you are doing this to you, nobody told you to be away from him – DK told before patting my back.

I just sighed and took my luggage to the room Seungkwan will be at. And while getting out of the room, I saw how Hoshi and Minghao were having a blast.

I swear if he puts a hand on him... ugh, what am I even saying?

I looked up to the ceiling before closing my eyes, then I whined before I felt someone massaging my shoulders.

-Tough day, huh? Don't worry, it'll be all better when you have the stuff to do – Seungkwan told, sounding pretty positive.

I should learn from him.

-Hyung, what am I supposed to do? – I questioned concerned.

He held me by my shoulders and guided me to the room. –Come on, let's talk about this – He spoke.

He took me to our room, he closed the door and after we left our luggage by the door, he sat next to me on the bed.

-Alright, so, what is your struggle? – He asked. –I saw you wanted to kill Hoshi back there – Seungkwan pointed out.

-Ugh, I don't know... I guess I still have feelings for Minghao – I said, feeling frustrated.

-Okay, haven't you thought that maybe you miss him? Not as a lover but a friend, just like he missed Jun as a friend – Seungkwan questioned.

-I want to think that way, but every time I see him with someone else, I don't know... my blood boils and I want to take him away – I admitted.

He laughed and cluttered my hair. –Oh, little one, you are jealous – He told.

-What?! No, never – I said confused. –How could I? He isn't anything to me – I stated.

-Vernon – Seungkwan complained.

-It's true, he broke my heart and I won't forgive him – I sighed.

-You want to forgive him because you know people deserve second chances, just like Zhenya and Jun; Mingyu gave them a second chance after they lied to him – Seungkwan spoke.

-Well, yes – I said. –But Minghao did things I never thought he could, and I felt betrayed – I disclosed.

-Vernon, nobody said it would be easy for you to forgive, but you should know that Minghao is also sorry – Seungkwan revealed.

-How are you so sure? – I questioned.

-Because I talked with Jun and he said how bad The8 has been, still he finds a way to always look fine around everybody – He explained. –He also told me that The8 wanted him to be with him more often since he was feeling lonely – Seungkwan added.

-So, he's affected by it – I murmured.

-Yes, he is and you are as well – Seungkwan said. –I think both should talk later on, and just stay in peace – He suggested.

-I guess so – I nodded.

-Well, I'll come back in a few minutes; I have to check something with Woozi – Seungkwan smiled while standing up, he patted my head before leaving the room.

I took a deep breath and tried to get my feelings together, then I stood up from the bed and walked over to pick up the luggage. As soon as I got close to the door, I heard familiar laughs outside the room, so I got my ear on the door and tried to listen more.

-Yah! What are you doing? – Hao chuckled.

-Taking you out of that gloomy self of yours – Hoshi teased.

-You are so mean! I'm not that gloomy – Hao complained, he sounded like a cute baby.

He only talked like that with me.

-Oh, sure! – Hoshi laughed. –Let's go, we have places to be at before the sun goes down – He told.

-Fine, but better be fast because we have to return to the room – Minghao spoke.

-Hey, I have never failed you; I do keep my promises – Hoshi chuckled slightly.

Minghao laughed. –Stop with that, and let's go – He said before I heard them running away.

I felt an emptiness inside my heart; odd to describe. I started to breathe heavily before reloading my back against the door, then I slide down against the floor and tried to convince myself that nothing else is going on.