Chapter 13

Make Love

Something about you now. I can't quite figure out. Everything she does is beautiful. Everything she does is right.

—— You and Me, Lifehouse

• • •

        I TAKE A TEN-MINUTE SHOWER. The water begins to sprinkle from above, cascading through my body. I had to pinch myself for the nth time in order to confirm if everything that's happening now is real. It's just too good to be true. Who would've thought that we'd reconcile? I smile like an idiot as I recall what transpired an hour ago.

        I put on the bathrobe as I step out of the room.

        Earl is waiting for me to finish.

        I nod gesturing to him that I'm done. He takes his cue and enters the washroom.

        I rummage through my bag, searching for a pajama to wear. I chew my lower lip nervously. I wasn't able to find one. All I found are my nightgowns, a bunch of negligees. They hardly even reach my knees.

        During my preparation for the seminar, I recklessly picked whatever sleeping wear I could find because I didn't really expect that we'd have to share a room.

        "Shit," I curse lowly. 

        I regret my choice of clothes. I am used to wearing nightgowns, but only when I'm alone. And then an idea finally comes to mind; I can just wear whatever negligee I choose and hide it in a robe. Problem solved. It's not like he'll mind anyway.

        I slip on my silky yellow negligee, the length doesn't reach my knees but it's alright, it won't gonna be seen anyway.

        The moment I finish dressing up, Earl is finally done. He's half-naked, a towel is wrapped in his waist. Go away you damn temptation! I mentally scream. I keep a straight face, acting cool as if I'm not bothered by his bare existence.

        I turn around and he understands why I did; I hear him slip into his clothes. "You can look now," he announces, and I did. I see him stare at me questioningly "Hey, are you planning on wearing that to sleep?" He points toward the robe I'm wearing.

        "Uhm..." I nibble the insides of my cheeks, "Does it bother you?"

        "Not really," he replies, his mien suddenly becoming playful. "Although I'm quite curious about what's inside."

        My face flushes "Tch! Stop with your innuendos!" I chide.

        "Alright, I won't push it, babe," he responds, smiling lopsidedly.

        There are four pillows. I have to sacrifice the two pillows that will serve as a divider for the two of us. I set up the bed and blankets. When Earl notices what I'm doing, he asks "What do you think you're doing?"

        "I'm making a division."

        He chuckles faintly. "And you're serious about it?"

        I nod, which makes him laugh more. My brows furrow at his reaction. "What's funny about it?"

        "You don't need those damn dividers."

        "But I want them there!" I exclaim curtly. I've been getting short-tempered about petty things lately. I don't really know what's wrong with me. He is insistent of having it off, but I'm too stubborn and I wouldn't allow it.