Part 12

They never really explained to me how to play the game. All they said is I get a stack of cards and whoever you are sitting across from you play. You flip the top card over and whoever has the highest card wins and if you lose you pass the deck to the next person. That's all they explained and I have to go first.

"Okay Y/n, you're gonna play Tom because he's across from you.", Kaden says and I nod my head. I look over at Tom and he's looking at me. We flip over the card and he has a ten of hearts and I have an eight of clubs.

"Yikes. Y/n you lose.", Kaden says. I laugh a little and pass the deck to Troy.

"Wait you're not done.", Kaden says,

"What?", I ask confused,

"You have to take one piece of your clothing off.", he says,

"You never told me that.", I say,

"That's why it's called strip or kiss.", Allison says sarcastically,

"I'm not doing that.", I say,

"Then you have to kiss Tom.", he says and I look over at Tom. He stands up and walks over to me. I look up at him from the couch and he has a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen.", I scoff and get up and walk past him,

"Wow! Tom just got rejected! That girl is amazing.", I hear Kaden say from behind me.

I look over my shoulder to see Tom standing there and he looks behind him and smirks at me. I walk through the crowded people and try to find the bathroom. I finally find it and have to scoot past two people making out in front of the door. I walk in and lock the door behind me. I take a deep breath and look in the mirror. I see all the makeup I have on and it kind of makes me uncomfortable. I walk over to the sink and turn it on. I scrub off the lipstick and when I look in the mirror again I feel a little better. I just don't like wearing a lot of makeup. I decided I should probably go back because I don't want Lily leaving without me. I unlock the door and step out. I start walking down the dim hallway, but I jump when I feel someone grab my wrist and pin me against the wall. I squeeze my eyes shut scared to see who's in front of me.

"You have some nerve. No one has ever rejected me.", I hear someone whisper in my ear. I slowly open my eyes to see Tom staring at me. His face is close to mine and I feel intimidated by him once again. He has both of his hands on the wall on either side of my head so I can't escape.

"Sorry.", I whisper,

"This can all be settled if you just give me what I want.", he whispers and comes closer to my face. I can feel his breath fan over my lips. I stay silent as he leans closer and our lips brush against each other. My breathing is irregular and my heart is beating out of my chest. He's about to kiss me, but someone interrupts,

"Holland?", I hear some guy say. He grunts, but doesn't look towards the guy,

"Go away Nathan.", Tom says with frustration laced in his voice,

"What are you doing?", Nathan asks,

"None of your fucking business. Now leave.", he says sternly,

"She looks terrified.", he says and Tom pulls away a little bit to look at me.

It is true, I am a little scared, but I wouldn't say I'm terrified. I hear the guy walk towards us and he grabs my elbow and pulls me away from Tom. I look at Tom to see him glaring at Nathan.

"What don't you understand by going away.", Tom says,

"I'm just saving this girl from you.", he says and before Tom can say anything Nathan pulls me away from Tom.

He leads me into the kitchen and we stop when we reach the counter. It's still a little loud because of the music, but you don't have to scream to be heard anymore.

"Thanks.", I say and he smiles down at me,

"No problem. Just saving you from him. He's trouble. So don't get involved with him.", he tells me,

"Yeah, I've been told that a lot.", I say,

"Yeah.", he says and reaches down in the cooler and grabs two bottles of beer. He offers me one, but I shake my head no.

"Are you friends with him?", I ask and look over to the left at the couch and see Tom sitting there with Allison. He's looking at me and I look away quickly.

"Well kinda. I guess I would describe us as acquaintances. Nothing more. We have our good times, but usually we just don't agree with each other.", he explains and I nod my head,

"I'm sorry. I never really introduced myself, I'm Nathan.", he says,

"Y/n.", I say and he holds out his hand for me to shake. I shake it and smile at him.

"I'm surprised that Tom had you pinned against the wall.", he says,

"What do you mean?", I say a little hurt.

"No, no, no! I didn't mean it like that. It's just that he usually goes for girls who drink, party and just give their bodies to him. I'm just saying that you don't seem like that kind of girl.", he says and I don't know if that's supposed to be a compliment or not,

"Well yeah I guess I know what you're saying... but he just wanted that kiss because we were playing a game and I refused to give it to him. And I'm not that kind of girl. I kinda prefer to stay sober. But I'm not saying I never get drunk. It's just not my thing.", I laugh a little.

"Yeah, I understand. You actually want to graduate college.", he says and smiles,

"Yeah, I do.", I say and laugh and look down. I feel my phone buzz and I pull it out of my bag. Lily texted me asking where I was and that Cassidy was trashed and we should probably get her back to her dorm.

"I'm sorry I have to go. My friend needs to get back to her dorm before she has more to drink.", I say and laugh a little because we just finished talking about all of this.

"Oh okay. But before you go can I get your number? You don't have to give it to me I was just asking.", he asks,

"Sure.", I say and he grabs his phone from his pocket. He hands it to me and I type my number in. I hand it back to him and smile.

"Thanks for everything again.", I say,

"Yeah, no problem. I'll see you around. Maybe we can hang out sometime or something.", he says,

"Yeah definitely.", I say. I tell him goodbye and walk through the crowd of people back over to where my friends are. I see Cassidy all over Troy and Lily talking to Kaden. I walk up to the couch and tap Lily's shoulder. She looks behind her and smiles at me.

"Y/n! Where were you?", she asks,

"I met this really nice guy.", I say,

"Yes, Y/n! You go, girl! Is he cute?", she asks,

"Yeah.", I say and look down,

"Yeah like he'll ever date you.", I hear Allison say and I look up at her. She glares at me and looks next to her to see Tom staring at me. I look down at my hands and stand there awkwardly,

"Allison shut up before I make you.", Lily scoffs,

"Okay I think we should get Cassidy out of here.", Troy says and he tries to keep Cassidy still. I look at my phone to see its almost midnight. Have we really been here for this long? Wow, time flies.

"Yeah.", I say. We help Cassidy up off the couch and she leans on Troy. After a while, we give up because she won't stay standing and Troy just picks her up.

"Bye Y/n. Nice to meet you.", I hear Kaden say and I give him a small wave.