Part 20

I wake up to my alarm and I lazily reach my hand over and grab my phone. I stop it and set it back down. I'm about to get up, but I feel a heavyweight on me. At first, I get scared, but then I remember I'm with Tom. His head is next to mine and he has his arm and leg wrapped around me. I try to move away from him, but he groans and holds on tighter.

"Tom it's five-forty.", I say quietly,

"No. A couple more minutes.", he mumbles into the crook of my neck,

"Tom-", but he interrupts me,

"Please.", he mumbles softly and I sigh,

"Fine.", I say and reach for my phone and set an alarm for six-fifteen. I put it back on the table and I relax more. I'm already up and I don't plan to go to sleep so I just lay there and stare at the ceiling.

"Close your eyes.", he mumbles,

"How'd you know I wasn't asleep?", I ask and he just shrugs. 

I laugh quietly and look down at him. He rolls over on his back and he takes me with him. Now his arm is wrapped around my shoulders and my head is on his chest. I just lay there and let him sleep. This doesn't feel right though. I shouldn't be laying in the same bed as him. We're just friends and this isn't what friends do. I sigh and look down. I notice something on his side on his ribs and I see a date and another word, but it's written in a different language. I look up at Tom and his eyes are closed and his head is turned in the opposite direction. I look back at the tattoo and my curiosity gets the best of me. I lightly touch it with my finger and trace over the ink.

"What are you doing?", he asks and I jerk away,

"Sorry.", I say quietly,

"No. It's fine. Keep doing it.", he says.

I hesitate for a moment and go back to tracing it lightly,

"What does it mean?", I ask. I wait for a response, but he doesn't answer. I don't ask again because I don't want to push him,

"I'll tell you another time.", he finally answers. I nod my head and I look down at the tattoo one more time before I close my eyes again to get a couple more minutes of sleep.

The alarm goes off and I reach for my phone. I turn it off and shake Tom lightly. He groans again and rolls over away from me.

"A couple more minutes.", he says once again,

"Tom I gave you like half an hour. It's six-fifteen we have to go.", I say and he groans. I get up from the bed and go over to the dresser and grab my stuff. I go to open the door, but Tom stops me,

"Where are you going?", he asks and looks at me,

"To get changed.", I say. He looks at me for a second and sighs and nods his head.

"Don't wander around.", he says and I nod. I close the door behind me and go to the bathroom. 

I make sure to lock the door and I set everything down. I grab the toothbrush and grab Toms toothpaste again. After I'm done brushing my teeth I decided not to take a shower because I don't have enough time. I take off Toms shirt and fold it neatly. I put my clothes on from yesterday and then brush my hair. When I'm finished I grab everything and unlock the door, but when I open it I bump into someone's chest.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?", they ask and I look at them.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Sorry.", I say,