Part 17

Y/N'S POV

We've been driving for about an hour and a half. I have no idea where Tom is taking me and I must admit, I'm kinda scared. What happens if he's taking me far away so he can kill me? My leg starts to shake a little just thinking about it. After another twenty minutes of driving, Tom pulls up to this restaurant. The outside looks like a cabin and there isn't a lot of people here. He parks the car and turns it off. He gets out and I just sit there confused. After a couple of seconds, I get out scared that he might yell at me again. He starts walking and I follow him. He doesn't say a word as he walks in the opposite direction of the restaurant. I start to get nervous as I follow him across the street to where the woods are. He starts to walk in them and I stop. He notices that I stopped walking and turns around.

"Why did you stop?", he asks,

"Where are we going.", I ask,

"You'll see. Just come on.", he says. He turns around again, but I don't follow. He sighs and looks at me,

"I'm not gonna kill you. If I were I would have done it a long time ago.", he says. 

I kinda get relieved, but I don't at the same time. I hesitantly follow him and he starts to walk again. As we keep walking the sky starts to change into an orange-pink and it's getting a little chilly. I follow Tom and he ducks under a branch and I'm amazed at the sight I see. Behind the tall trees is an open field. There are no trees at all, just the beautiful sun setting. Tom walks a little more out in the field then stops and looks at me.

"You coming?", he asks. I nod my head and walk towards him. He sits down and I don't know if I should sit or not. He looks up at me and pats the ground next to him. I sit down but move away from him a little keeping some space between us. I look at the sunset set and it's beautiful. All the oranges, pinks, and yellows paint the sky as the sunsets.

"Why did you bring me here?", I ask and look at him. He shrugs but just looks out at the sunset. I nod not wanting to push him and look away.

"I used to come here all the time in high school.", he says after a while. I look over at him and he continues talking.

"I lost my older brother Noah in my junior year. He was in the army. It was on July 18. I and my family went to the airport to welcome him home. We waited and waited as we watched all the soldiers come home from war and hug there families. Until the sergeant came up to us. My mother asked where he was and when I saw the look on his face I felt like the whole world stopped moving. Like someone stopped time. He gave my father the pin that I gave him for his twenty-second birthday. My mother was sobbing as my dad hugged her. I stood there in shock. I lost my best friend, my idol, my brother... the funeral soon came around and didn't go. I couldn't stand the pain. And I found this place and every night I would watch the sunset. It calmed me." he says. I sat there surprised that he just told me all of that.

"Do you regret not going?", I ask him,

"Yes and no. Yes because I never officially got to say goodbye and no because he didn't fight enough to live for his family. He let himself die.", he says and I can hear the hint of anger behind his voice.

"Tom it's not his fault.", I say,

"Then why is he dead then?", he asks and looks at me. I can see the sadness and anger in his eyes. I don't know what to say at first, but I finally speak up.

"Things happen for a reason and sometimes the things that happen aren't fair. Life is never fair Tom. And him dying wasn't his fault. He died fighting for you and his country. He did it to protect you.", I said. He looks at me and stays silent. His eyes stare straight into mine and he clenches his jaw and looks away again. I look away from him and down at my hands nervous that I said something wrong. I'm about to say sorry, but he grabs both sides of my face in his hands and crashes his lips on mine. His lips move on mine and I stay still in shock. I don't know if I should stop him or kiss him back.

"What aren't you kissing back.", he says against my lips,

"I-I don't-", but he interrupts me by pushing his lips on mine again. 

I finally kiss him back and feel him smirk. He brings his hand to my thigh and pulls me so I straddle his lap. He holds the sides of my face in both of his hands. He let's go of my face with one of his hands for a second and then bring it back. He kisses down the side of my neck and his hands go to my thighs. I feel awkward at first, but he bites the skin carefully under my jaw and my head goes back. I gasp as he does it again and I look to the side. He continues to kiss and lightly bite on the same spot. I open my eyes and look down at the grass. I frown when I see his phone facing the sky recording. None of us are in the frame, but I can see it's been recording for about three minutes.

"Tom.", I say and he hums into my neck, but doesn't stop,

"Tom why is your phone recording?", I ask and he stops his movements. He pulls away and looks down at his phone. He ends the recording quickly and shuts the phone off. I look at him and then the phone.

"It might have just started recording when I took it out of my pocket.", he says. I look at him not sure if he's telling the truth.

"No I'm being honest.", he says and takes his phone and goes into his photos and deletes it. He even goes into his recent deleted and deletes it from there so it's totally gone.

"See.", he says,

"Are you sure it's gone?", I ask again,

"Oh my god. Yes, it's gone. Now get off.", he snaps and nudges me. I get off of him and he stands up. He starts walking off and I get up from the ground quickly.

I knew nice Tom wouldn't stay for long. I try to catch up, but he's walking too fast. He walks out through the woods and it's dark so I can barely see anything. I make sure to not fall far behind because I don't want to get lost. He walks across the street and towards the car. He gets in before me and starts the car. I get in quickly afraid he might leave me here. He starts to back out before I even have my seatbelt on. He drives and doesn't say a word. I look at my phone to see it's about 8:15. I sigh and lay my head on the back of the seat and look out the window hoping to get back to the dorms fast. Thirty minutes have now gone by and neither of us has said a word. Being me, of course, I start to wonder if I did something wrong because all of a sudden his mood changed when I noticed the phone.

"Are you hungry?", I hear Tom say,

"No, but thank you though.", I mumble quietly still looking out the window.

"You haven't eaten in a couple of hours. You need to eat something," he says sternly,

"I'm okay.", I say and turn my head towards him. He glances at me and then back at the road.

"You're so fucking stubborn.", he scoffs. I ignore what he said and look back out the window. He stops at a Mcdonald's and goes to the drive-thru.

He orders himself a drink and gets me some fries. I tell him that I don't want them, but he said if I didn't eat them he would leave me here all by myself and not come back. I finally give in and eat them. I will admit though I was a little hungry, I didn't want him to pay for me. We continue to drive for another hour and once I see the UCSB sign I'm relieved because I don't want to spend another minute in this car that is filled with so much tension it could strangle someone. He drives to my dorm building and parks the car in front of the building.

"Thanks for showing me that place.", I say quietly. I look at him and he just looks at me and nods. I unbuckle my seatbelt and open the door and get out. I'm about to close the door, but he says something.

"Let's not talk about the kiss. Nor tell anyone.", he says. I nod my head and give him a small smile. He gives me a small one back and I shut the door. I walk into the building and go to my floor. I get my keys and unlock the door when I get to my dorm. I walk in and shut the door behind me. I take my shoes off and put my keys down and I notice Lily's not here because her keys aren't here. I walk in the room and I see a person sitting on my bed.