Episode Two

Weaving my way through the crowd of students, I examined all the entrances, trying to figure out which door would be easiest to enter the school

Students stood in large groups right outside the doors like they weren't standing directly in everyone's way. None of them were doing anything productive. Most of them were just goofing off.

Why are people so stupid? I mean, hello! We were all entering the school in the exact same spot, and these people were acting like it's entirely normal to block all the doors until they felt like going inside. People used to do this same crap at my old school, and then they would act like it was a major inconvenience when someone had to go inside.

So here I was again, trying to figure out where I would upset the least amount of people. I could feel the eyes of multiple students closely probing me from every angle.

Holding tight to the straps of my backpack, I sighed in relief when I spotted an opening near the last door where a couple worked effortlessly to glue their mouths together with saliva and tongues. Gross. Get a room.

Making my way over to them, every set of eyes drilled holes into me as if I was the one doing something wrong. Go figure. Stopping in front of the couple, I thought maybe I could just skim by, but with the way the guy was leaning, it was impossible.

That's when I noticed two of the hoodie guys standing off to the side, leaning their backs against the brick wall. Missy and a cute blond with an orange-tipped ponytail were hanging all over them. I could only assume that the blond was another cheerleader.

The two guys had their hoods pulled back. And damn. They were sex on a frigging stick. Like Greek Gods or something. No wonder all the girls were gaping.

The guy talking to Missy had short dark chocolate hair gelled into a fauxhawk. His fierce demeanor and sexy boyish looks made it hard to look away, but I managed to tear my eyes away just as flutters filled my belly.

The second guy had dirty blond hair spiked perfectly in crazy directions. When Spiky sent a dimpled smile to the blond hanging on his every word, heat spread throughout my entire body.

Just like his friend, he was insanely gorgeous with a movie star face. As if Spiky could feel my assessment, he slowly licked his bottom lip. His gaze slid over the crowd, skimming over me, but not quite seeing me.

My heart literally skipped a beat. His piercing light brown eyes held a powerful depth I'd never seen before. I wanted him to look at me. To see me. Like he'd heard my plea, Spiky's eyes seemed to brighten into a liquid gold. How was that even possible? Was I seeing things?

That's when Spiky's piercing gaze landed on me, causing goosebumps to ripple over every piece of my skin. His lips parted before he scanned me from head to toe as my teeth sank into my bottom lip.

What was I doing? I had a boyfriend, and from the looks of it, he had a girlfriend. And why couldn't I look away? I wanted to focus on something else, anything else.