Episode Five

"Don't worry

"Don't worry. Justin'll be fine." A small smile teased on Tyler's lips, and damn it, the way his eyelashes swept up was sexy as hell while he gauged my reaction. "I got you covered, and I'll have you back to school in no time."

"You better not be lying." I narrowed my brow, trying not to analyze the way his teeth sank into his bottom lip.

"Lying isn't in my vocabulary." Tyler waved me toward the front entrance.

"Whatever. I just can't miss more than first period." I rushed to keep up with his long stride as he led me into the parking lot.

Tyler sent me a tight grin. "Rule follower, huh? Never would've guessed that."

"Yeah, so?" I examined the parking lot for his car. "Which one?"

"The Challenger." Tyler stopped next to a black Challenger with silver stripes. Of course, he drove the frigging car of my dreams.

"This is yours?" I stopped next to the passenger side, forcing down the desire to run my hand over the car's perfection.

"Yep. Hope you like black." Tyler unlocked the car remotely and made his way to the passenger side, surprising the hell out of me when he opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I climbed in. "And by the way, everyone loves black."

"Not everyone." He said under his breath before he shut the door.

The black leather interior smelled terrific. It really was the car of my dreams. I had it all mapped out in my journal down to the silver stripes. Not every vehicle had leather seats, but this one did, and I was in heaven.

Tyler climbed in, starting up the car with a rumble. "You good? Air conditioning?"

Snapping my seatbelt, I shook my head. "I'm fine. Let's just get this over with."

Tyler threw me a quick glance before pulling out of his parking spot. "So, what's your deal, anyway?"

His question reminded me of when he was practically swallowing Jenny's entire face, making my nose wrinkle in disgust. "Nothing. I'm just not a morning person, and I don't understand why people are such assholes."

"Really?" Tyler let out a deep laugh. "You should put yourself in that category too."

I glanced at him before studying the passing road. "Where's your house?"

"That's it? You're not even gonna argue with me?" Tyler slowed at the stop sign.

"I know I'm a bitch. I don't mean to be, but evidently speaking your mind is frowned upon in society. So, yeah, you can classify me as an asshole or a stone-cold bitch. Take your pick. It doesn't really matter, I've heard it all." I rolled down my window and stuck my hand out, letting the wind stream through my fingers.

The heat of Tyler's gaze was on me. "I don't know. It's kinda refreshing."

My brow knotted. "That's the first time I've ever heard that. Most people can't wait to tell me to keep my big mouth shut."