Episode Six

"When you said you had a shirt, I thought you meant something other than some girl's horrible wardrobe choice

"When you said you had a shirt, I thought you meant something other than some girl's horrible wardrobe choice. And I shouldn't have to point out that this isn't school appropriate." I tugged on the pink halter top, glaring at Tyler.

The look in his eyes said he wanted to eat my face off in front of school. And that was so not happening.

"Then put on the hoodie I gave you," Tyler suggested for the tenth time before he turned into the school parking lot.

"I hate pink, and I hate halter tops!" Slamming my back into the seat, I groaned angrily. "And I don't wanna wear your hoodie. It'll make people think we're together."

"Just wear it." Tyler eased his car into the same spot. "Most girls would die to wear it. Would it be such a bad thing if people thought we were together?"

"Yes! I shouldn't have to remind you that I have a boyfriend. Plus, you don't even date, and I'm not one of those girls. I don't do cocky, conceited dickwads, and I won't advertise myself as easy by wearing your clothes." I yelled and instantly felt terrible when Tyler flinched like I'd slapped him. "Sorry, I appreciate your help, but you know what I mean, right? I can't be another girl you laugh about in the locker room."

Tyler studied the black drool-worthy sport bike parked next to us. "I hear you."

I turned his hoodie inside out and slipped it over my head as I hopped out of the car. "Thanks for everything. I'll bring back your clothes in the morning."

"Wait," Tyler said before I shut the door.

God. What did he want now? My day was already ruined, and an awful migraine was coming on. After this horrible morning, I needed to get my stuff and hoof it home so I could get some rest. Tomorrow I could come back a new person and have a much better day.

"What class do you have second period?" Tyler rushed to my side, acting like we were friends.

"English, but I'm not going." I walked faster.

"Why?" Tyler kept up with me way too easily and hurried to open a door for me.

"I'm suddenly feeling sick." I opened a different door and stalked through the huge cafeteria toward the stairs.

"I have English too," Tyler whispered as he followed way too close.

Ignoring him, I jogged up the stairs as he stayed right on my heels. Why wasn't he getting the clue? I didn't want him around.

And, yeah, hard pass on sitting through English with this dude. Maybe I could get that class changed too.

"Slow down and talk to me." Tyler grabbed my elbow, causing me to miss the next step.

I gasped as my hands flew out, falling back into Tyler's hard chest. He caught me around the waist and helped me find my balance.

After a moment, I released the breath I was holding, and spun to face him as I whispered, "What the fuck? Are you trying to kill me?"