Episode Seventeen

After choir, I was in a weird state of mind as I searched for drama, which was apparently an invisible room somewhere

After choir, I was in a weird state of mind as I searched for drama, which was apparently an invisible room somewhere. Between the side effects of my pill and the constant looks from Justin, you could say I was floating on a strange cloud of 'what the fuck?'

When I finally found drama next to the auditorium, I wanted to smack myself. Sometimes, I was just a dumbass.

Luckily, I was still a minute or two early as a young man with glasses and shoulder-length brown hair stood behind a cluttered desk searching frantically for something. I could only assume this was Mr. Tanner.

"Hi, I'm Ember Pearl," I said in a soft voice, not wanting to disrupt whatever he was doing.

"Yes, yes. Have a seat anywhere." He greeted me with barely a nod as he continued to shuffle through the papers on his desk. How was his desk such a colossal mess? Most teachers had switched over to computers or tablets by now.

"I can't believe Ms. Shammel gave her the part. I mean, she was pretty good, but I did so much better." Jessica yelled before she walked in with Jenny, Missy, and two other girls. When the group saw me, every one of them glared.

Well, hello to you too, Cuz. I didn't glare back even though I wanted to. It was only a matter of time until I lost my cool. Missy was pissing me off, and if she wasn't careful, I would make her life a living hell too.

Yeah, so, it was official. Drama was going to suck ass.

The room slowly filled with miscellaneous students. I noticed some familiar faces from choir as Curly gave me a tentative wave before sitting as far from me as possible. Why was he sitting all way over there?

My question was soon answered when Justin swaggered in just after the tardy bell. He sat right next to me, causing every part of my body to tense. What the hell? He was in this class too?

Why was he sitting next to me? He should've sat next to his girlfriend because every person in her group were shooting fireballs out of their eyes directly at me. I'm sure they were all wishing I would burst into flames. It was uncomfortable as fuck.

Sneaking a glance in Justin's direction, I studied his exquisite profile. How was Justin so good looking? It was as if God had come down from heaven and sculpted Justin himself. Damn. I needed to stop because the lustful thoughts running through my mind were just... so wrong.

"Hey." The corner of Justin's lips lifted as he turned to face me.

I looked away. "Hey."

"Alright if I sit here?" Justin's low voice seemed to vibrate around me as he tapped a pencil on the table, grabbing my attention.

"It's a free country, but you should know I have a boyfriend so..." It was all I could think to say as I took out my notebook, hoping he would stop talking to me. The last thing I needed was to get in a fight with Jessica today.